3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back Pack Question  (Read 524 times)

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
Back Pack Question
« on: November 20, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
I have been using a fanny pack for the last few years and have run out of room for the stuff that I like to carry.  I am looking at switching to a back pack.  Are there any back packs that section off the main compartment or are they all just one large compartment.  I am not looking for a large back pack.  Just one that could be used on a day hunt.

Thanks!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back Pack Question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Check out Bison Gear listed as a sponsor of this site. I use a fanny that folds out to a back pack. Cool Stuff!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
You might want to take a look at the Badlands "Super Day Pack."  It's real popular around here.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
I bought a cabelas scout pack this year and I love it. Different compartments and a water bladder...Mike

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
Badlands "Super Day pack" great pack very well made!

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
Who carries the badlands packs?

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Take a look at the Camelbak and Redhead packs. Saw one of each at the Indiana hunt.
Each had a bladder and several pockets. As well as outside tie on points. Fit between your shoulder blades width... I was impressed by them.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
Another vote for Bison Gear.  There is not much that it can't handle.   I carry all of my gear including my pro video cam, 12 pound Hunter cam pro camera pod, and a bunch of hunting gear with room to spare.  They are also tough as nails, and comfy to carry.

Offline Angus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
What about those catquiver thingies: anybody use one of those?
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
A Bison gear Lost River will carry anything a day pack will and more. If Bison gear is not your thing then crooked horn makes a pretty good daypack. I have both and the Lost River gets used 4 to 1 on the other.
hunt it

Offline elk ninja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
I have been looking at the cat quiver/ rancho safari day packs.  Their website has some non- quiver models as well as the ones with the detatchable quivers.  
Mike
>>>--Semper-Fi--->

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
Cabela's carrys the Badlands packs.

Offline allan f

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Check out Nimrod packs they are awesome I have had mine for a couple of seasons now and I think they are the best. They have a system that you can add or take away from to suit your needs of that day. Same idea as badlands but in my opinion much more versatile

Allan

Offline allan f

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
same idea as bison sorry

A

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
Day One!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
I was told one time, " the more stuff you put in your pack, the more it looks like you're going on a bus trip"

I guess what he meant was we get out to our spot and sad and wait, instead of Hunt, now I know there's times for hunting, and there's times for waiting.

But I do get tired of all the " stuff " I take along.  And I keep telling myself how many times have I use that, and I still take it along.  I just went to my pack and I have three different scents that I'm using, that's nuts when you gotta rut going on, and I found three different sets of latex gloves, two long ones and two short ones.  My pack isn't that big, but the other day I looked over my hunting closet and my office for those small little hooks you screw into the tree to hang your bow, could find them anywhere I even went to my pack two times, I get into the tree stand, at 5:15 a.m. I was digging in my pack for something, and there they were in the bottom of the pack stuck in the styrofoam that I placed them in.

Not I am not telling you all this, just to get you to stay with your fanny pack, my pack is a Guide Series, from Gander Mountain, it is a medium-size pack.  Not too big not too small.  And it's got enough compartments for everything I need.  But I also just purchased a fanny pack from Gander Mountain for $19.99, just in case I get the urge to downsize again.  I did the Cabela's thing, and paid $40 for nice one, took it back and a month later bought this one, and it's just as nice.

There was a Tradgang member that said " all you need is a bow and a knife " that's what started the first time I downsize.  The fanny pack I purchased from Gander Mountain is called
"8-pocket fanny pack " it was $19.99.  By the way, our treestand are going on sale I think about 25% off after Monday the 27th of November.  So you guys like to buy extra tree stands or replace the old ones take note.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©