Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Rick Weltch  (Read 1602 times)

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
Rick Weltch
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
I just got off the phone with Rick. He is great, guy knows alot about trad archery. I am fixing to take one of his classes. Has anyone on here ever been to his class.  Mike

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rick Weltch
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
You will love his class. I improved more after attending his class than anything else I had done up to that point.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
I really hope so, I sold my wheeled bow, so I cant go back now. I really dont want to ether. I like it when people ask you what kind of bow ya shoot and you say a recurve and they ask what else do you have. Nothing ,I shoot traditional.I figer I started out not knowing anything about a compound now its with a recurve. I like the recurve better anyway.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
Hopefully, if you live close to Rick, you will be able to stay in touch with him after the class. He is a great guy and very generous with his wealth of information. Some of the things he teaches are unorthodox, but I recommend that you do absolutely everything he teaches, and you can pick and choose what you want to keep later.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
I had a really good time. Rick is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to mechanics.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
I could only dream of going to one of his classes so instead I bought his video.. It is only a snapshot but it helped alot! Seems like a great guy!
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
I went to his class last February, and it was worth the money and time for sure.  The first two hours blew me away.  I wish I had gone to his class when I first started shooting my longbow-it would have saved me a bunch of time and money.

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
how much do his classes cost?

Offline paoloi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
I haven't taken one of his classes yet, but a friend of mine is one of his students and after a couple of years shooting he is competitive at the national level. He helps me now and I have applied the techniques and they work. I'll take a class someday. Have you shot one of his bows? I just got a new to me Dakota Pro Hunter, what a great bow. So you might as well tell the Mrs. now that you are going to need to spend another $950 for the bow that goes along with the class. You know people may bust your chops about the cost of the class, but I guess it depends on how valuable your time is. He will take years out of the learning curve for you, plus you won't have to unlearn as many bad habits. I am back in school after a go no where career. First thing I do after getting a job again is call Rick and schedule a class. Anyway, have fun.

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by waiting4fall:
Rick Welch this, Rick Welch that!    :thumbsup:  

Here's my experience.

Click this link for class info.
  https://www.dakotabows.com/SHOOTING_SCHOOL.html  

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »
Rick is an excellent archer and teacher. The class is the way to go if a guy has the ability to attend one.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
I do not think that guys consider his bows. My Dakota was 5lbs lighter and 5 ft per second faster than two very popular recurves. I do think their pretty buy they shoot where you look and are very fast. My stepson has taken over mine until I can buy him something else.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
All the videos I see of rick and his students show the bow straight up and down. My question is (might be stupid, forgive me if it is) does he show you how to shoot in unorthodox positions like would be presented hunting? I think straight up and down would limit your shooting range. I am in no way bashing rick or anyone that shoots his style. I am just curious.

Offline hockey7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
-when I took the class last fall, he had us shoot from all different hunting positions...on our knees, tree stands, between trees etc....

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
o.k. That's what I figured, like I said "might be a stupid question".

Offline frank the hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
i went and loved it very nice man i bruoght one of his bows and love it to just go you will be glad you did good luck.

Offline LinemanARK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
I just got off the phone with Rick (again) I have ask him so many ?'s and he has helped me so much and I haven't paid him a dime. He is a real standup guy. Rick (reel deal) Welch. Any way I talked my wife into letting me take the class early this spring and I can't wait.  thanks Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©