Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Gap shooting question  (Read 558 times)

Offline Karl Kortemeier

• Trad Bowhunter
Gap shooting question
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:28:00 AM »
At hunting ranges, 20 yds or less, I am shooting instinctively.  I have been trying to shoot at longer ranges to help with my shooting.  I notice at yardages over 20 yards that I am looking to see where the arrow point is in relation to the target.  This way I am at least getting on the foam!

Two questions: when I look at the point on the target, I  can see two arrow points in my perefrial vision.  Is this normal?  If so,  how do you "aim".  Also, in certain lighting the point of the arrow vanishes in my perefrial vision.  Any suggestions?  I have thought of wrapping tape around the point, but I do not think this will last more than a few shots.

Thank you

Re: Gap shooting question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Interesting.  I shoot both right and left handed at times--I'm right eyed. When I shoot righty I only see one arrow; when I shoot lefty I see two, so I squint just a bit and one of them goes away.

Offline Giovanni

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Hey Karl, what works for me is closing my weak eye at ranges over 20 yards. When the lighting is bad and I can't see the arrow point, I shoot instinctively. I don't think you are going to shoot more than 20 yards, when the lighting is bad. But if you had to shoot when you can't see the point, I shoot instinctive. I can produce better groups when I aim using the point, and one eye closed. It works for me, and when you can shoot a quarter size group with one eye closed, who cares?

Offline kevgsp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Try footing your carbon arrow with a short 3/8 to 1/2" piece of aluminum shaft. The back cut edge that you will see at full draw is shiny.....helps abit in low light;)

Offline Karl Kortemeier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
Great suggestions.  Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©