Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: question for Clicker or psycho trigger people  (Read 615 times)

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
question for Clicker or psycho trigger people
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
For those of you using a clicker or some kind of psycho trigger, have you ever had trouble with taking to long to get the shot off? It takes me forever and involves a ton of effort to reach my "click" while im concentrating on the target. I dont think it is bow weight because I can easily do it in my living room whne im not actually shooting. I just kind of lock up. I can eventually get there it just takes longer then I would like and after a few shots I am drained. Anybody have this problem? if so how to fix it?

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: question for Clicker or psycho trigger people
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Have you been shooting one long? Sounds like you could be anticipating the click. When I shoot the shot goes off when im ready, I prefer to take my time but I can shoot in one motion and I pratice this often. Back when I first started using a clicker I had the same problem. Its been my experence its the TP trying to take over but that anxiety will go away over time when you find you can do it! Its hard at first no doubt but if you stick with it seriously it becomes second nature. Dont pull to it, pull through it!
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
"Dont pull to it, pull through it!"

Good advice.  I've had the same thing happen to me, as a precursor to target panic.  Rod Jenkins gave the same advice in his class.  Pull energetically enough to get the arrow back to full draw.  If you stall before you get to full draw, it is very difficult to recover.

Or, as they used to tell me in golf (with implications best left to the imagination) "Never up, never in...."
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline zetabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 03:29:00 AM »
Depends on what you consider a long time, on settling anchor\\aim around an average of 3 secs for me.

Offline Barry Winner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
Only if I've shot too much.  When I tire it seems as though the clicker string has stretched.  I generally get to my anchor, release 1/2 a breath, then expand through the click.  Approximately 3-4 seconds.
HH Tembo [email protected]
HH Cheetah [email protected]
Martin Savannah [email protected]
Trying to build selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
Mayberry Archers

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
Thanks guys! I'll keep after it

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Lee,

You said it in the first post, you said you are trying to pull through the clicker while "concentrating" on the target.  If you are concentrating on the target, you are not concentrating on pulling.  Once you get your sight picture, gap, etc., just continue to watch that picture.  It will center itself, if you allow it to.  Once the aiming portion of the shot has been completed, switch you concentration to pulling by talking yourself through the shot.  More specifically, say to yourself, "Keep Pulling, Keep Pulling....." until the clicker goes off and the shot is released.  It is a mere matter of what you are thinking about during your shot.  You have no problem with it in your living room because you are thinking about pulling.  On the range, you are switching your concentration to the target, which takes directly away from your pulling.  Your conscious mind can only do one thing at a time.  Give it that one thing (pulling) to concentrate on by saying those words (Keep pulling) to yourself when you want to activate the shot.  Your shot will then happen in the speed you want it to.  Remember, your muscles will move in the exact rhythm that you say your mantra (keep pulling, keep pulling, keep pulling...).  Say it smooth with no breaks between the words.  Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas,

Joel Turner
Masters of the Barebow 4
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4
2x World Elk Calling Champion / Pro Division

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Joel I think that will help alot. you described it perfect. I can do it all day in my livingroom but not on a target. I remember you saying that in mtbb4 but I havent watched since before I started trying a clicker so i guess it didn"t "click" in my head, excuse the pun!   :biglaugh:

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
Also some other guys mentioned that after several shots it feels like the clicker string has stretched. I definately know that feeling

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©