Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: blank bale question  (Read 585 times)

Offline bowgy

• Trad Bowhunter
blank bale question
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
I can't seem to remove aiming from my shot sequence with blank bale practice.  Alignment and getting my eye over the arrow is part of my form and I can't seem to get there without looking at a spot to line up on.  Blind bale is no problem of course but I'd like to be able to do it with my eyes open so I could work on individual parts of my form.

Offline JR Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: blank bale question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
Just a thought, but you may try to just focus on the arrow on the arrow shelf when at full draw. I figure if you watch the arrow leave the shelf then you won't be aiming but will still be forced to have your head in the right position. Again, just a thought.
God Bless

Numunuu

Offline bowgy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Thanks, Numunuu, that works great! It's a simple solution to something I've struggled with for a long time.

Offline JR Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
Glad it helped.
God Bless

Numunuu

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
I had a big target that I knew I could not miss and shot in complete darkness with eyes open and closed. This really helped my shooting in a big way. I would work on all form issues I had, only one at a time though. I have/had issues wanting to peak at the same time. This would cause me to drop my bow arm. I would go outside after dark so I could not see a spot or pick a form or shape of anything and shoot alot of arrows. I would tell myself tonight all I want is to release and hold my bow arm in place after the arrow hits the target and count to two. Work that until I had it down. Next few nights I would work on release and not worry about anything else and would rotate different aspects in shooting form. I was amazed how most of the arrows were together, that said I'm still a lousy shot BUT it works for me:)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©