Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Is 3-UNDER giving up??  (Read 1389 times)

Offline trad_in_cali

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is 3-UNDER giving up??
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Champion shooter Rick Welch in the very popular 'The Accuracy Factory" videos teaches and shoots 3-under. Check him out.
Marco

Offline trad_in_cali

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
Champion shooter Rick Welch in the very popular 'The Accuracy Factory" videos teaches and shoots 3-under. Check him out.
Marco

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
I just ordered the Accuacy Factory. Thank you for all your help.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Chain2,

I shoot split finger and have tried to switch to 3 under without much success. If you look around it seems to me that most of the best shooters out there are shooting 3 under so to me you are ahead of the game there. Like everyone else said do what feels comfortable.

Good luck.

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
i switched to 3 under this past summer and ain't looking back. more consistent groups for me and like the anchoring better with 3 under. for me i have less flyers with 3 under and when i do have one it is because i have loss my focus and was getting tired.it is more comfortable for me but everyone is different. try it and if it dosn't work you can go back. best of luck to ya.

Offline Bullfrog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Not giving up. I have always shot split. Tried 3 under a few times. I just felt like it put too much stress on my bow. Like one limb was pulling way more than the other.    BILL

Offline 57HOP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
Tradition dies hard! And we all draw that line where we feel we want to!

I believe "Three under" is possible, and growing more popular, largly because of the availability of of our modern snap on nocks. With the Nirk nocks that we used in the 60s and 70s a bit of finger pinch from the split finger "Mediterranean draw" helped to secure the arrow tightly to the string. In my past personal experience, a little room between the  string and bottom of the nock has resulted in a number of broken nocks and bad shots. And you'll still need it to hold the arrow against the riser if you'd like to try canting backward or shooting lying on your back etc.

Prior to plastic nocks, a shallow self nocked arrow was fairly common on this continent, and usually required a pinch draw, with the arrow held against the string between the thumb and index finger.
I'm not too well versed on the history of horn nocks and such overseas - what did the English longbows use?
Traditional is as Traditional does!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©