Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Rod Jenkins Clinic?  (Read 875 times)

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
Rod Jenkins Clinic?
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
I just signed myself and my 19yr old nephew up for Rods clinic in Cody WY for the end of June. I don't know much about Rod or how he teaches. I shoot 3 under instinctive, just curious to here some input from guys who have went to his clinics. I'm always looking to improve my shooting but also we don't usually get stuff like this this close to where I live needless to say I'm excited.           Thanks, Phil

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rod Jenkins Clinic?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I've had several classes, but I think Rod has a better grasp of the fundamentals of good archery form than other classes I've attended.  He is excellent at identifying and explaining things a student needs to change in order to shoot better.  Because I think Rod is able to pick up on the fine points you might have missed the first time around, I've attended his class twice (or maybe it's just that I'm a slow learner!).
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
I agree with McDave!  I've taken Rod's class and he knows where of he speaks!!  He is personable and can really get you to understand what you need to do.  I too have taken classes from many "names" but Rod is by far the best for form and fundamentals.
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Guys I'm opened minded to almost anything that will improve my shooting, I guess I'm just wondering if these technics will benifit me in bowhunting situations or is his teachings geared more for target archery? Will I be able to use this form out of a treestand or on the ground on me knees?

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Phil,  There are many on these forums that SEEM to think that "hunting form" is somehow different than "Target form."  Terry Green says it as well as anyone, "form is from the waist up..."  That is, once you learn good form, it WILL NOT matter if you are on your knees, in a tree stand or hanging by your toes.  You can achieve good form no matter your "underpinnings."

Rod will teach you to achieve good back tension and shooting technique which will allow you to shoot from many odd positions well.  AND, by the way, he IS a very successful bowhunter too.
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Moebow, Well said! Sounds good to me I'm excited to attend thanks for the insight.

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
I'm on the list and attending Rods class in Venus, FL in May and?..i've heard from some of the best of the best that when it comes to coaching form?..Rods the Best..besides..it seems the man gets around quite a bit..must be a reason for that as well.  :)
"ONLY A SPIRITUALLY MATURE DISCIPLINED SOUL CAN TRUELY MASTER A TRADITIONAL BOW"

and i know that's true cause as a younger man i usta call'em a "pull-n-pray"

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Thanks Dave and Moe! Your words mean quite a bit to me   :)  

Phil...my motivation for learning the ins and outs of shooting from several great coaches has always been to work myself into a position to impact whatever target, I happen to be shooting, in the desired location! I realize at this point, I may have gotten a little carried away with that goal  :)

Looking forward to meeting and working with everyone in WY and Fla.

Rod
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
I did a Google on Rods Classes and only got 2011, how would I find lists of his 2012 classes and locations.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
Check Safari Tuff.com later into next week. My website is being updated and I've added a page that will offer information on clinics.
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
Rod, Thank you. Hope to meet you one day.

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
I attended one of Rods classes last spring. Without a doubt the best money I have ever spent on my hunting hobbies. I still struggle from time to time but one of the biggest things I am able to do now is to identify what I am doing wrong so I can work to correct it.The only thing I wish is I had taken his class before EVER shooting a stick bow. We had a lady in class that had not shot recurves before so she had no bad habits already ingrained and was a much better student and learner than the rest of us macho guys.

He gave us all a string you'll see when you get to class. Ever since class it goes with me everywhere I go and is an invaluable tool.

Enjoy.

Offline Gufunk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Hey Rod
Any updates about the possibility of you coming to Oregon/Washington in 2012?
Thanks
Dusty
Excel 21" w/Kaya Tomcats 40#
Excel 21" w/SF Axioms #35
Morrison Phoenix 19" w/ Max 1 #48
Toelke Lynx 66" LB 50#
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ~ Ben Franklin

Offline Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
Phil, My taxidermist has sent Rod a Christmas card ever since he worked on me!  :)

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Denny, Thats incentive right there  :biglaugh: . My deposit is in and I can't wait, how perfect taking the class then 2 months later ELK SEASON!

Offline Indiana-jim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Just like everything else i have done i thought i could teach my self this "traditional" stuff. Wrong again. I took Rods class and it was the best thing i could of done. My advice is listen and follow his plan. Good teacher but better guy.
good luck
Jim

Offline bucksakemmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »
I spent two days with Rod last summer, his instruction took my shooting to the next level.
I dont shoot three d so I was looking for help hunting..... last season three shots three deer....

Offline old coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
After reading all of this I sure am glad I signed up for the Cody class.

Offline britt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
Me too old coyote, Iam looking forward to learning and getting alot help. Iam tired after shooting trad. for fifteen yrs. being a average shooter. I see you are from Cheyenne, I live in Greeley.
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©