Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: I fixed myself!  (Read 449 times)

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
I fixed myself!
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Since I was self taught I had to deal with form issues and a LOT of them. Looking back now I shouldn't have gone hunting when I did but I did kill a pair of does last year that I was lucky on both to find due to my assorted screw ups that should not have happened. Around a few months ago I watched a video with a man claiming to have issues with shooting down and to the right, the same issue I had. From reading the comments on the video and on here I steadily corrected my form and release through blind bail shooting and play shooting at the cat and dog (Acting like you are drawing and releasing while picking a spot without  your bow in hand)
     Having been sick for a few days I finally got out to try my shooting again for the first time in a few weeks. The first two shots were within 3 inches but I knew it could be better. The final two shots were a 10 ring and an 8 ring from 17 or 18 yards. I rarely shoot that well intentionally. All I can say is thank you to all of you who give advice to guys like me!!

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I fixed myself!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Gotta love it when things start to come together.  It's keeping them there that's the tricky part.     :biglaugh:
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline raghorns

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I fixed myself!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
There sure is lots of great help to be found here...I have shot for years and still read and learn all the time.

Play shooting at the cat sounds like fun...I just couldn't pick a spot on the dog... lol
Ps 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©