Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Tomahawk Longbows  (Read 529 times)

Offline Ruff Hewn

• Trad Bowhunter
Tomahawk Longbows
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
Ya know every time I open the 3Rivers catalog I have to take a longing look at their Tomahawk Bows.
I have not run across anyone shooting them nor have I read anything on any of the trad sites about them. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they all that they are advertised?

Offline Greg Dearth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tomahawk Longbows
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
I too, would be interested on what other's thought about them.

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
You may want to move this from the Shooters Form part of the board to the Pow Wow part of the board to get more response.

Offline Ruff Hewn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Okay. I'm new to this site. Can I move it or do I have to re-post it?

Offline trad_in_cali

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
I've been shooting one for a while, a 40# SS with the stock 18 strand string and now with the Ultra skinny 6-strand SBD string (sponsors here). It's a fast, stable bow, but it has a bit of handshock, compared to others. It doesn't bother me and it behaves much better with the SBD 6-strand string. Bow is very fast, and has a great cast. The grip fits MY hand very well, but that is subjective: I believe they have a try-before-you-buy program.
Woods and finish are OK: no great figure, but good enough tones, the dirty boo is OK. The yew has a good deep orange color. I like the phenolic in the riser, it gives it a hair more weight in the riser, for such an overall light bow. The finish is what I'm the least impressed with: it seems to scuff and scratch easily. For an $800 bow, it should be better. They are built by Great Plains bowyer for 3Rivers. He knows how to make a bow; I have a great time shooting it and am very consistent with it. But for the money you can do better. try it and see for yourself: for that cost it HAS to fit your style, grip, preference.
Marco

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©