Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: i hate clickers  (Read 686 times)

Offline ericmerg

• Trad Bowhunter
i hate clickers
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
i recently got a clicker due to what my pro shop[ guy called consistency problems even though i shoot fine out to 20-25 yards.but lord o man it seems nothing i do can make me pull to that click i get to right before it clicks and i release and by chance when i do get to click it surprises me and my shot goes off target i have slowed down my shot alot and actually anchor but once im stopped that pulling to click just doesnt happen

at 10 yards no click i get a 3" group on normal

at 10 yards using the clicker i get maybe a pieplate
any animal you see posted that i say i personally harvested was eaten

" if you have to question if your bow will work you dont have enough bow"

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: i hate clickers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »
Take it off if you feel you dont need it.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
I have been suffering from a terrible case of target panic for years. After deciding  to use a clicker I have to say it has saved my shooting.

Eric, you might also have TP. The clicker is not fool proof, you have to be able to put together your own shot sequence and stick to it. When using my clicker I draw to anchor and then expand and "keep pulling" through the click. It is suppose to surprise you and that is your trigger to release, it's called a pychotrigger. The key is DO NOT shoot until you click. If you have to let down just do it and start your shot sequence over.

I will say if you don't own " masters of the bare bow volume 4" you should really try to get a copy. The section that helped me was by Joel Turner. Joel is an awesome shot and a real guru when it comes to explaining the mental aspect of shooting sports. You can also call him and he can talk you through it. Or in my case talk me down off the ledge LOL.

If you go into the shooters forum section here and look for the clicker thread posted by Clickerman (that's Joel's handle) he posted his phone number with an invite to call him and talk. I was very surprised with his generous offer and took him up on it. It was the single best thing I ever did for my shooting.

Good luck, it is possible to conquer the beast known as target panic! I know because I am living proof. Glen

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
Maybe you need to shorten your clicker string a hair. Can you pull through close bail only focusing on the draw and not aiming?

Check out the thread in the shooting forum. I think you are thinking about the click and not about pulling.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
X2 on shorten your clicker string. I was trying to pull too far past my anchor also and had to shorten the clicker string. I was holding way too long. You should only be holding for 5-6 seconds.

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
x2 on Joel Turner.

Online 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
Something must be wrong. When a clicker is setup right you should feel in control and pull through smoothly.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©