Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: long bow shooting form necessity  (Read 525 times)

Offline ironmike

• Trad Bowhunter
long bow shooting form necessity
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
recently i purchase a super nice Anderson longbow, the Skookum,70 #r, all my arrows were going left,worked spine,still left,call fred anderson himself,thinking the shelf required a softer spine, and he reminded me to keep my elbow directly in line with the draw line,i.e.with the arrow and forearm, following his advice,i found that my form had indeed been off,now i drop them in the spot every time,well every time i have my form right that is. but certainly a huge and therefore remarkable improvement.

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: long bow shooting form necessity
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
95% of ALL arrow flight or bow noise problems are form and NOT equipment.  Even for those that have no problem with one setup but can't "figure" out what is wrong with another.

There are lots of discussions here and elsewhere, that are interesting, about spine, point weight, shelf cutouts side plates, etc.  However, most of those problems are form related not equipment.  No one wants to hear that the problem MIGHT be them (95% chance) rather than the bow or arrows, or even better their tab or glove.
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline ironmike

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: long bow shooting form necessity
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
well i think that's exactly right moebow,my bad "habits" developed from stumping and hunting,the last two years i'd been doing just that, and my practicing was taken by me to be no more than staying in top physical condition ,being as my shooting was good enough for hunting, however, when i switched to a less forgiving bow, the bad form was magnified.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©