3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wool article in TBM.  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wool article in TBM.
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
Leatherneck:

Easy there big guy. Go back and READ my posts before you blow a gasget. I'd be happy to sell you my well used Filson wool garments for TWICE what I paid for them.

Again...

Wet wool retains it's insulating properties better than any other fabric, BUT (get ready for my point...again), DRY WOOL WILL KEEP YOU WARMER THAN WET WOOL. Strongly consider an modern, silent waterproof outshell to keep your wool dry.
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
I ordered a couple pendleton wool shirts off of --bay for a good price, I'll see how they work under my noraml poly coat. I'm going to be buying more wool as time goes on, thismorning a got pretty cool out hunting and that was with a flanel shirt a fleece pullover a windbreaker and a heavy poly fill coat, + my bibs coming up on my torso, and still got chilled. It was 19* and a 5-10mph wind. I think when tax season gets here I see some good woolies getting bought.
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
Labs4me you said you used kom wool now its filson what gives.You shouldnt talk about kom with liner unless you have used it.KOM ARE WORTH THE MONEY.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2007, 05:17:00 AM »
easy now fellas...let's keep this civil please...it's only clothing you're talking about.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
Longbowben:

I know these threads occassionly weave all over the place, but before you make the effort to embarass or discredit the sincerely offerred experiences of others, you should make an effort to READ AND COMPREHEND these submissions.

Now here's the Cliff's notes version of what I said. Many years ago - '89 or '90 I beleive - I purchased a very expensivev set of KOM woolens and was very dissatisfied with them. Ten years ago, I began to purchase Filson wool products and have been extremely happy with them.

I hope this clears up the misunderstanding on your part. In the future, please attempt to be a little more respectful with your submissions. There are other sites for that kind of diatribe. We don't do that here!
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
Labs4me i was being respectful you are talking about a product from 17 to 18 years ago,things change.no more coment from me.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
Awe...... and I really wanted to hear what Jason Westbrock said before it got locked up.      :D  

"DRY WOOL WILL KEEP YOU WARMER THAN WET WOOL."

And I'll add a DRY anykindof fabric will keep you warmer than the same fabric wet....

Just dunk your man made fiber coat in the lake and put it back on and see how warn it keeps ya.  Staying dry is paramount, no matter the fabric.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©