3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help Paper for school ( rabbit hunting)  (Read 266 times)

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Help Paper for school ( rabbit hunting)
« on: November 21, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Hello guys I am writing this paper for school let me what you thank any help would be great.
Here it is.

Rabbit hunting if any of you have been done this before you know how much Fun it can be. Benign out there with you good friends, dog and the great out doors. Sure you can hunt rabbits with just about anything. I hunt them with a longbow and wood arrows. It’s a cold winter morning they’re a foot of snow on the ground. It’s a great morning to be rabbit hunting I have my longbow and about 100 wood arrows to shot at the rabbits. I also have my friend’s bugle. I get to a spot where I thank there might be some rabbits I hoping there will be a snow shoe which is all white. I get out of my truck string my longbow and put some arrows in my quiver. I see a spot of grass I take some Arrows a take a three shot. My home made longbow and home made arrows go to the spot I was looking at. I think this is going to be a great morning. As I sit and drink a cup of hot coca I think of the times before of me hunting rabbits. Will my friend’s dog Buck is getting anxious to go after some rabbits. I pick up the three arrows placing them back in my quiver I go a field. I come up to the first big pile of brush. Also I walk slowly around a rabbit runs out I see him running and I pull up my bow as I am pulling back my bow I let go my bowstring makes a sound I here every time I shot butt this time it make’s a lovely sound. As my arrow hits the rabbit about 30 feet away. As Buck and I walk to the next brush pile I see a snowshoe run out I go after him I see him go into a log. As I get over there he runs by me I pull back and miss close I tell my self. But here he comes back Buck ran him back my way. I pull my last wood arrows out of my quiver Put it on my bowstring and pull back and as he runs to me. When he gets close I let go The arrow just passing over his back I just sit there and laugh. As you can tell I love hunting with my longbows and arrows I make my self. It’s so much to hunt with your own bows and arrows you make yourself. I seem to try and hunt rabbits and or any small game I can. I think in bring my friend’s closer to getter. This is the kind of thing we will talk about when we get older.
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help Paper for school ( rabbit hunting)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
Needs spelling a grammar checking done, but otherwise, o.k. Re-read it several times and make sure it sounds right to you.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline ref2hunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Cody, nice story.  I would suggest rereading it slowly and aloud.  I make my kids do this and they see where their mistakes are.
'Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though
             Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway'

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
No offense Cody, but the story is unreadable in its current form.  Since this is a hunting site and not a literature or grammar lesson, I'll leave it at this.  You need a lot of work on sentence structure, grammar, and spelling.  I recommend a session with your teacher or a tutor.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Minipyro23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
If anyone has been rabbit hunting before they know how fun it can be. Being out there with your good friends, family, your dog, and the great outdoors. Sure you can hunt rabbits with just about anything but if you want a true experience hunt them with a longbow and wood arrows like I do. When it's a cold winter morning and there is a foot of snow on the ground it is a great day to be rabbit hunting. I have my longbow and about 100 wood arrows to shoot at the rabbits. I also have my friend’s bugle. I get to a spot where I think there might be some rabbits specifically a snowshoe hair which has a coat of all white fur. I get out of my truck, string my longbow, and put some arrows in my quiver.

I did the first third or so just getting obvious mistakes. If you have microsoft word copy and past it there it will get most of your mistakes. If you don't or even do have it, still read over it slowly and aloud like some other guys have said here. You will get most of your mistakes that way. Also some of your sentences have to be reworded because they don't make much sense.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
As a writer myself Cody, the thought process and material are very good, but I have to agree with John, the grammatical problems are daunting to say the least.

Read it aloud to  a tutor or better yet, read it aloud to Ron, he is a good writer and can help you to polish the story up some.

Good luck.
BD  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©