Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: New Hill shooter, critiques welcome  (Read 420 times)

Offline Sixgun

• Trad Bowhunter
New Hill shooter, critiques welcome
« on: January 27, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »
http://s1304.beta.photobucket.com/user/LongbowRay/media/008_zps62114291.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0  

Here is a short video of me shooting. Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks,

Ray

P.S. By analyzing the video I was able to confirm that my draw is consistently 26"! I was pretty geeked about that.
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there.

Fred Bear

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Hill shooter, critiques welcome
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
Sixgun,  Pretty good!!

Here are a couple ideas to look at.

You might try to get your string hand thumb down so the tip of your thumb is facing the palm of your hand.  That will reduce tension in your string hand and help your release. Hand, wrist and forearm need to be as relaxed as possible.

When you do release, your string hand isn't coming straight back and is a little violent.  If you can come straight back off the string, your hand will slide along your cheek and end up behind your ear.

These are relatively minor, I've seen many Hill shooters that would like to be where you are.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Sixgun

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Hill shooter, critiques welcome
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Thank you, Arne. I'll give those a shot.

I figure if I get my form downpat, the groups will come.

I've only been shooting a Hill bow for a few weeks. It's a much different animal that a bow with a locator grip.

Thanks again,

Ray
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there.

Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©