Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Suggestions for indoor target for form shooting  (Read 527 times)

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
Suggestions for indoor target for form shooting
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
I need to build a large indoor target so I can practice form. I like to do some form shooting with eyes closed so I'd like a rather large target. WOuld appreciate and pictures, plans, thoughts on building a good (but cheap) home indoor target. Leaning towards compressed cardboard but Like the arrow removal of burlap/plastic. Thansk in advance for any suggestions
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Suggestions for indoor target for form shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »
Buy a 4'x6' horse stall mat from TSC and hang it from the rafters and hang a feed bag stuffed with plastic in front of it. Cheap, quick and easy.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by reddogge:
Buy a 4'x6' horse stall mat from TSC and hang it from the rafters and hang a feed bag stuffed with plastic in front of it. Cheap, quick and easy.
That is what I just did.  Put a 2x4 on top edge to keep it hanging straight.  Put four large head 2 1/2" lag screws in to hold mat to board.  I put two pieced of chain one each end under the end lags.  This is small chain like good size swing set chain.  I needed the chain because mine is in my barn with higher structure and I wanted adjustability for height. Then put a couple screws in top edge sticking out a little for a rope to hang my bag.  I tied one rope to each corner of my bag so it has a lop and put that over the screws to hang the bag.  Works great.  You will need a little help hanging it or maybe use a game hoist to pull it up.  It is heavy.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline longrifle346

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Morrell's YellowJackets are really good for $50 but I have a feedsack stuffed tight with old clothes that works like a champ and has lasted for two years so far...
If you find yourself in a fair fight? Your tactics suck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©