Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Critique my form please  (Read 437 times)

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
Critique my form please
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Sorry about the crappy cell phone video. I am aware that my fingers on my bow hand contract on release. I am workin on that. I know the videos are hard to see but please critique my form from what you can see.      

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Critique my form please
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
Lee,

Over all pretty good.  Decent alignment and no apparent creep or collapse.

My thoughts and what I would have you work on if you came to see me would be these two things.

I think your bow hand is too deep into the grip of the bow.  The grip is riding on the base of your hand below the little finger.  I think it should run from the web of your hand down to the base of your thumb -- never moving to the little finger side of your life line.  Thread here called "grip question" has pictures.

I also think you have way too much tension in your string arm and hand.  Look at the angle formed between a line along the top of your forearm and the line running on the top of your string hand.  See how the "hand" line is sharply up form the arm?  IF you really have a relaxed forearm, wrist, and hand the two lines will be essentially straight as the bow's weight will pull the hand and arm in the same direction.  This should really help with a more consistent release.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Critique my form please
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
Thank you moebow, I just re watched the videos and I see what you mean about tension in my forearm and hand. I will try to work on that tonight. Also i will try to change my grip so that i'm not putting as much heel into it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©