Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: New Rod Jenkins Signature Tab!!  (Read 935 times)

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
New Rod Jenkins Signature Tab!!
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Here is a picture of Rods new tab. I am building it for him and they are available at his website. Here is the link    http://safarituff.com/id22.html    if you would like to purchase one. Here is a little info on them. Rod will try to check in if there are any questions. They are only available in 3 under.

Hand crafted by Wyoming Wildlife Artistry

Finest USA heavyweight cowhide tab plate designed to take advantage of the string indexing qualities of target tabs , but shaped to eliminate face interference, for the higher anchors typically used by barebow archers.

Top quality Horween Cordovan leather face. ......simply the best!

Tight grained calf backing to maintain shape and enhance durability

Absolute consistent stitch spacing and location...string walkers can be assured stitching will result in repeatable crawls every tab.

5 year Guarantee......no matter how much you shoot!

front

back
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline 3Bears

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Rod Jenkins Signature Tab!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Spent the weekend shooting this tab and it is a keeper.The release is super slick and the quality is outstanding.
3Bears

Offline 3Bears

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Spent the weekend shooting this tab and it is a keeper.The release is super slick and the quality is outstanding.
3Bears

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
Why not one for split finger shooters?
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Scott Teaschner:
Here is a picture of Rods new tab. I am building it for him and they are available at his website. Here is the link     http://safarituff.com/id22.html     if you would like to purchase one. Here is a little info on them. Rod will try to check in if there are any questions. They are only available in 3 under.

Hand crafted by Wyoming Wildlife Artistry

Finest USA heavyweight cowhide tab plate designed to take advantage of the string indexing qualities of target tabs , but shaped to eliminate face interference, for the higher anchors typically used by barebow archers.

Top quality Horween Cordovan leather face. ......simply the best!

Tight grained calf backing to maintain shape and enhance durability

Absolute consistent stitch spacing and location...string walkers can be assured stitching will result in repeatable crawls every tab.

5 year Guarantee......no matter how much you shoot!

front

back
Will you be making a split finger model of this?
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline MikeG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
Another vote for a split finger model.

Offline chrisherring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
I recieved mine this week and it is amazing quality will order two more just to have extras.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
I have been shooting this tab for two weeks now. I can honestly say this is the best tab that I've ever seen or shot. The quality is second to none and the tab is noticeably smoother than any tab that I've seen or used. This tab promotes a deep hook and repeatable grip on the string. I have found that my consistency has really improved over the last two weeks while using this fine tab. Thanks for another great product!

Offline G Posik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »
I have been shooting this tab for a about 6 weeks now.  I really do like this tab.  I have tried a bunch of tabs after shooting with a glove and this one is very comfortable and very clean on the release.

Glenn

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
Split finger model coming, maybe? If so I want one.
USMC 82-86

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
I got a chance to shoot one of these tabs a few weeks back, it is definately the nicest tab I have ever shot

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Is the only difference in size the width?  I got a medium to try.  The width is okay as is the length.  But, I don't get the string indexing against the base plate of the tab like the caviler tab I had.  It is way too deep of a hook if I try that.  I put the string around my finger like a ring or standard finger hole tab.  Would a larger move the plate edge farther out on my fingers?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
Todd, I have to wear the medium on the middle bone of my finger rather then the bone nearest my hand.  It was a little strange at first, but now I don't even notice it.  I can wear the large in the usual way, but the medium fits more precisely, so I prefer to use it as described.  It is a tribute to this tab that it is worth experimenting with to get it to work.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the input. I did play with the tab down below my second knuckle. That did work to get indexing in the right area, but it was strange having it there.

It is a great tab, but would be better for me with a longer plate. I think I may try a large.

Do you happen to have a pic of the medium and large side by side to see the difference?
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
Here are the tabs side by side. The large is 2 3/4" wide and the medium is 2 5/8" wide. I think that a possible solution would be to put another set of holes lower on the tab.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
Looks wider and deeper in the plate area.  For me, I think the holes need to be about one hold width back from the edge or the plate. I may contact Scott and see if he can punch one out that way on a large for a custom fit.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
Thanks David.

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
Always have at least the top edge of the tab plate against the string, then place fingers on string at least as deep as first joint....the hook depth adjustment is accomplished by allowing the finger loop to move from the hand knuckle to the middle finger knuckle.

2004 IBO World Champion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©