Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: help with tab  (Read 533 times)

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
help with tab
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
switched from glove to tab, big improvement, but one problem hits front of cheek, just enough to irritate the area put on band aid did help, any suggestions, i am using metal tab   thanks   stan

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help with tab
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Stan,  I find your message a little vague.  Metal tab?  Like a Cavalier?  Size is determined by the width of the tab, not the length.  Is the metal plate causing the problem or the leather itself?

When you take a good hook with the tab on the string, where does the leather lay on your fingers?  The ends of the leather on the tab should be 1/4 to 3/8 inches SHORT or the tips of your fingers.  If the leather sticks out beyond your finger tips (WITH A GOOD HOOK) trim it back.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
hi moebow, use cavalier thanks for the tip was not aware of way to measure tab. was reading about your advice on 3 under and cant or not, you seem to be on target. i  am left eye dominent and shot rh. always shot  left, but use of tab corrected this. shooting vertical.  tried cant more comfortable vertical and works better thanks  much for your  input stan

Offline usmc2444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
hi cut fingers shorter on tab solved problem thanks again moebow    stan

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »
usmc....there's a really good tutorial on trimming tabs on the Black Mamba Archery website.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©