Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Index Finger  (Read 506 times)

Offline old bucky

• Trad Bowhunter
Index Finger
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
I shoot split finger, inside of index finger is starting to get sore what would some of the causes be I shoot with glove.

Thanks Sam

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Index Finger
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »
Generally speaking, an index finger that is sore on the inside is caused by pressing down on the nock of the arrow as you draw the bow.  In addition to the discomfort, the downward pressure of your index finger causes a bend in the arrow shaft, which will spring back up when you release the arrow.  This results in erratic arrow flight and makes it impossible to accurately tune your arrows for correct nock point location.

You may be holding your drawing elbow too high, although there is nothing wrong with starting the draw with a high elbow as long as it moves back down as you draw the bow so it is almost in line with the arrow, if still a bit high, at full draw.  Basically, your goal is for the force of your draw to be in line with the arrow, with no pressure in any other direction.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline old bucky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Index Finger
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Thanks for your advice, I have been working on that, sometimes my bad habits come back.

Thanks Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©