Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Target Panic and Shot Control DVD / Clinic  (Read 1239 times)

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Target Panic and Shot Control DVD / Clinic
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
I just had caller number 95 call me from the other end of the country!!!! Keep the calls coming folks, we will beat target panic together.

For those of you in the Michigan area, I will be running a Target Panic and Shot Control Clinic in Marne MI on Sunday May 5th at the A&H Archery Shop. It is limited to 10 people and it is only a one day course. I will also be filming a Target Panic and Shot Control DVD the same weekend. The DVD will be available through A&H Archery probably sometime in June or July. I will keep everyone posted!!!!

With so many people calling me, I have formulated a list of questions that have been consistent will most if not all of the callers. I am hoping to answer all of these questions in the DVD. The clinic and the dvd will cover:

* Target Panic causes and myths
* Thought Analysis during the shot
* Subconscious Aiming (What it really means to pick a spot)
* Shot Separation (The 2 jobs in a shot)
* Concentration shifting
* The use of Neurolinguistic Programming
* The use of Psychological Triggers
* Concentration Practice
* Complete knowledge of the Mental Mechanics
* How to achieve shot control under stress
* The skills of diagnosis and treatment of any mental shooting problems that may arise
* Bow tuning (Shelf or elevated rest)
* Broadhead tuning and the Single Bevel Advantage

Keep the calls coming so I can answer as many questions as possible in the clinic and dvd. I have learned so much about teaching this subject since Masters of the Barebow 4 that I wanted to do another dvd to really drive the message home regarding how to beat target panic. Larry at A&H Archery has been fantastic in making this happen, so to him and to all of you, I am eternally grateful.

Talk to you soon,

JT  IRONMIND Archery Systems
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4
2x World Elk Calling Champion / Pro Division

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Target Panic and Shot Control DVD / Clinic
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
I wish it was closer Joel, cannot wait to see the DVD.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Bowitis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
I would love to attend one of your clinics if you get some where close to Colorado.

Count me in on the DVD.

Thanks for all of your help.
JD Berry Taipan
2 Heartland Surge

Offline Lee Lobbestael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Hey Joel sent you a PM

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
Bowitis,

I am in Dolores CO at least once a year, I will definitely be doing a clinic there in the future.  Either in Dolores or Bayfield.  I am really excited about these clinics, they will give you a definite plan on how to shoot the perfect arrow under stress!!!!
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
The cost of the one day clinic is $100.  I normally would run a two day clinic, but I am filming an elk calling dvd on Saturday May 4th, doing the clinic on Sunday May 5th, and then filming the Target Panic and Shot Control DVD on Monday May 6th.  Pretty tight schedule while I am in MI!!!!
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Looking forward to the DVD! Any plans on coming to TX for a class?

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
This info looks good and I will look into the DVD.

Anyone have any feedback on the Byron Ferguson Archery School at Goodman Ranch in TN?  

Thought about going but little expensive just wondered if anyone had been?
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Offline bradglaza

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
How can I reserve a spot? Should I send you a check?
Hummingbird Kingfisher 20th Anniversary Longbow
Hummingbird Bowie Longbow
Timberhawk Falcon Longbow
Brooks Hunter Recurve
Black Widow PSR

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:00 AM »
Brad,

I sent you a pm.  I think I have 5 spots left, but you will have to call Larry Hanify at A&H Archery to reserve a spot.  Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Thanks,

JT
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4

Offline Greg Dearth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
I would like to hear what you suggest for shot control under stress. I guess it may be time for me to give you another call.

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Greg,

Give me a call if you will.  Stress simply makes us think of different things at the moment of truth.  When you master the mental mechanics, you will have the ability to put your mind where it needs to be to execute a perfect shot, no matter what the stress level.  We see the effects of stress when people shoot in front of groups or at animals.  The physical action of shooting the bow is no different, but where the shooters mind has gone is a mental mess.  Knowing what to concentrate on and, more importantly, how to concentrate are the keys to cleaning up the mental mess and shooting with a solid plan of how you are going to shoot that perfect arrow.
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4

Offline Scott Barr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Joel,

Don't suppose there are any plans on coming to Southern California with one of your clinics?  Will you let us know when your DVD is available?

Offline CLICKERMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 02:48:00 AM »
Scott,

I will travel to where ever a clinic can be formed.  I only need about 10 people to get together and a range to shoot.  Thanks for the kind words in the other thread.  Give me a call if you have any questions.  253-686-3623

JT
Joel Turner
IRONMIND Archery Systems
Masters of the Barebow 4

Online Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
I attended Joel's clinic yesterday at A&H Archery and for anyone that does not feel they have 100% control of every shot they make I highly recommend his class.  Two types of stress that have caused me to lose control of the shot are shooting in front of other people and long distance.  At the end of the day I stood at 48 yards with a dozen people watching and Joel ribbing me about a $5 bet on the shot and shot an arrow with complete control.  My hit was about a foot low on the 3d elk but my concentration was strong and in the right place.  I didn't have a 5 on me at the time so Joel just let me know where to send the check and a big thanks for sharing this mental control system!!  Also, thanks to Larry at A&H for providing the venue for this class!  I'd like to be on the list for the DVD when available.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flingblade:
I attended Joel's clinic yesterday at A&H Archery and for anyone that does not feel they have 100% control of every shot they make I highly recommend his class.  Two types of stress that have caused me to lose control of the shot are shooting in front of other people and long distance.  At the end of the day I stood at 48 yards with a dozen people watching and Joel ribbing me about a $5 bet on the shot and shot an arrow with complete control.  My hit was about a foot low on the 3d elk but my concentration was strong and in the right place.  I didn't have a 5 on me at the time so Joel just let me know where to send the check and a big thanks for sharing this mental control system!!  Also, thanks to Larry at A&H for providing the venue for this class!  I'd like to be on the list for the DVD when available.
Thanks for the quick report on the clinic, and glad to hear about your stress management!  Hopefully Joel will make a slide through Texas as the phone call I had with him last week has worked wonders....things can only get better.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline DBinAlamo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
I too attended Joel's class.  Everyone there seemed to have they're own Gremlin attacking them in one way or another (myself included of course).  Joel is a great teacher with a teacher's heart, he was able to diagnose everybodys issue and work on it with us.  I know for myself, and like Flingblade has already posted, I left there a changed Archer, with a plan and control of my shot.  KEEP PULLIN KEEP PULLIN KEEP PULLIN......

Thanks again Joel...  Bosch
A&H ACS 64" 50#@28" 3DH Riser.
Strive for excellence....  Not perfection.
"If your not working hard, someone else is" Dentler.

Offline Mooreski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
I am really glad that everyone that is attending his class is getting good results. I was caller 94 and asked him a bunch of questions. He talked with me on the phone for an hour, and I can tell you that it has been the single most important hour for teaching me in my very short traditional archery career so far. I am really happy with the outcome and can't thank him enough!
Thanks again Joel  :thumbsup:
"You can't build a reputation on what you are GOING to do." - Henry Ford

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »
I had a chance to try his method out on live critters this past weekend.  I was carp shooting and put a clicker on my bow. I had very good hit to miss ratio.  I missed a few opportunities because I couldn't get through the click before the fish spooked, but I was very happy to not be snap shooting.  I can't wait to get a chance of a big critter.

Offline Echatham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
Joel do/will you ever come to new england?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©