Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: loving it  (Read 499 times)

Offline bowlvr614

• Trad Bowhunter
loving it
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
I have only been on here for a short time but I have really been enlightened. great place to get and see advice. I have given up the ole wheelie bow and pickd up the recurve. I've been shooting now for about a month. I shot recurve a long time ago and switched to compound. I have been itching to get back to my roots.  Just from watching and reading from this site, I have adapted pretty well back to stick and string.  I am now shooting goups in the yellow ring at twenty yards consistantly. I feel like a young kid again. I had almost given up on archery and hunting altogther but I am glad I did'nt. I look forward to reading and talking with you all on here.  I just thought I'd share this with everyone. I am now a true and forever a Traditional Archery Lover. It really feels good to love shooting again.          :goldtooth:
Live for something or you"ll die for nothing.

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: loving it
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Welcome and enjoy the trip, the way you described yourself above, you could have been talking about me. I shot for many years and then stopped for 34 years, came back in 08 and never looked back.

Good luck !
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Mooreski

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: loving it
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
I would like to add my thank you to everyone that contributes on here as well. I've been mostly reading and searching, with little input as I too have just taken up traditional archery after years with a compound. Lots of good shooters on here and successful hunters as well with traditional bows! I'm jealous! lol

Thanks again to all who contribute...  :thumbsup:
"You can't build a reputation on what you are GOING to do." - Henry Ford

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©