3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Danner Boots......  (Read 976 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Danner Boots......
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
After my fiasco with Rocky and all the replies I received favoring Danner, I went with the Danner Pronghorns.
Actually, my son Steve is a vendor for Cabelas because they carry his dry rubs. He got me the boots as an early Xmas gift. Here's my evaluation, very comfortable, broke in easily and are warm. My problem...I hate the soles. They are not air bob and I find these Danners very slippery.
As a ground hunter, I need traction, especially when stillhunting rutting bucks. I find myself slipping and sliding over rocks and wet leaves. My ballet moves have improved but my back aches!
Even Southpawshooter was laughing at me doing one of my many spin-balance-grab a limb moves.
I'll be searching again next year for the right boot...just may have to give Schnee a call.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline 52 bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Danner Boots......
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
I just picked up a pair of Pronghorns and I love them, Like you said , very comfortable-But mine are very easy to walk with-great traction even in wet leaves- greatest ankle support of any boot I own!!John Benetti

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
I'm with 52 bow on this.  I've had a pair of Pronghorns for a couple of years and really like them.  I wore them on an elk hunt in Colorado (read that as really tough country) and last year on a caribou hunt in Quebec.  They worked great.  Comfortable, water proof and warm.  No problem what so ever with the soles.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline alpinehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Love mine..no comparison to Rockies!!

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
Im also a fan of the Pronghorns. I used them in the rockies also, and they performed flawlessly. I will own another pair as backups.

Regards
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
I got my first pair four years ago before an elk hunt and absolutely fell in love with these boots.  It got to the point i was running six miles a day with these boots before my trip.  Never had any problems with them.  On my third pair right now and would put them to the test with any other boot on the market.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
Joe,
You might want to check these out. Danner Canadian hunting boots: Canadian 10" 600 Gram Thinsulate. They have the air bob Danner sole.

Mike
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
I wear Danners at work. I beat to death two pair of boots a year. Danners have held up the best. In water, sand, city streets, and on the freeway. I crawl in semi's and stay wet on tracks. Rockys dont last 4 months.

Offline Starkman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
I received my Danner Jackals from Cabela's last week, and they are probably the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.
Bob
"You're never beaten until you admit it." - General George S. Patton, Jr

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
I have danner superslams, Very comfortable and great traction, I took the original soles out and put SOFSOLES in. the only problem I have with them is that they CREAK, a bit on the noisy side even after treating them.

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
My first year in Danners, most comfortable boot I have ever worn.

Mine don't seem slippery, but maybe I don't hit the same type of terrain.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
I've had a pair going on three years and as stated above they are excellent. However the pair I had were the uninsulated and the waterproofing wasn't so great.  No problem traction wise.  I would by them again only next time I'll get the insulated.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
Joe, I'm with you on the Pronghorn's.  I bought a pair for an elk hunt last year.  They really are one of the most comfortable boots I've ever had, but I wasn't very confident in the soles.  We had some nasty weather, in some really rugged terrain, and I think I hit the dirt four different times on that trip.  Twice was while crossing streams on wet slippery rocks, so maybe any boot would have tossed me, but I blamed the soles.

When it gets really rugged and steep, I like something with a more aggressive tread.  This year I bought a pair of Meindl hikers and they did great for me.

I still have the Pronghorns, and will definately use them again in less severe situations.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
I love my Danners.  I have the 600 gram side zip pronghorn and the uninsulated GTX boots.  I love em.  Of course, I only hunt deer, turkey and small game here in PA.  Not real rugged terrain, but I wouldn't trade em for any other boots (cept maybe different style Danners)...Mike

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
The canadians may be what you want.Very tough and with the sole you want.Best boot I have used!

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
In my line of work I walk...alot...a whole lot.
I've been wearing danner boots every day for over 15 years. I think I have about 5 different pairs now.
Pronghorns, jackals, Eagles, combat, etc.... They are the best boot I have ever worn, period.

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 01:38:00 AM »
Ive had the Canadians for 9 years,have put a few miles on them and they still don't leak when I cross a stream .worth the price every bit.
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »
I like mine too.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 06:23:00 AM »
My Danners are without question one of the best boots I have ever owned. They are at par with a pair of custom hunting boots I had made for me by Viberg Boots out of Victoria, BC. and cost half as much.

I do a lot of upland bird hunting with my labs and they always seem to take me where I really don't want to go- thorn thickets, brier patches, phragmite infested ditches and other God forsaken places - and my Danners have never let me down. THESE BOOTS REMAIN WATERPROOF AFTER YEARS OF ABUSE.
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »
looks like i might have to try a pair of Dannres myself. i have not owned a boot yet that i can say was really good. Rockies are by far the worst i have owned but for the price i get them for work every year.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©