Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Anyone use a Form Master?  (Read 741 times)

Offline Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone use a Form Master?
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Rigged up a homemade one and I like it. Looking for some suggestions on how to get the most out of it. Do you have a routine? I've just been using it before I practice. Thanks in advance.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone use a Form Master?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
It's an "eye-opener" on if you are really using the back muscles you think you are! Yes, I pull it out once in awhile to make sure things are going right.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
I have been looking for a used one or directions on how to make my own.  Looks like a worthwhile aide.
T ZZZZ

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
Here's a link to an earlier TG thread on making your own.  I'm gonna have to try this myself.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=004717#000000
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
I think I found that post before but none of the pitures load up.
T ZZZZ

Offline drifter410

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
i just got back from 2 days with rod jenkins and that thing is as someone elas said an eye opener. i never knew what b/t was and now i do great tool.

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
Love the concept, but the little ubolt eats my arm up, no matter which way I position it. anybody got any ideas on fixing that?
John 3:16

Offline Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
I made mine out of cloth. There was a video floating around with one a guy made from 2 bandannas and para cord.
Hey Drifter, did you guys do any kind of exercise routine with it?

Offline Ed Q

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Keith Langford:
Love the concept, but the little ubolt eats my arm up, no matter which way I position it. anybody got any ideas on fixing that?
Same thing happens to me. I use an arm guard on my drawing arm to keep from bruising or cutting it up.

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Take the cable clamp off completely.  Those of us who have made our own don't have clamps - frankly, I took one look at those clamps and shuddered at the potential injury they could cause.  Unless you are passing it around to other archers the adjustment for length should only need to happen once.  Set it and forget it.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline markliep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Learnt two ways to use it at Rods clinic - first is with just using it attached just above the nock to draw with - gives you a feeling of using your back & the second is with it rigged long enough that you can draw with your hook -> once you reach anchor & pull through to shoot the test of a back release is that the your hand doesn't get pulled forward on release - if you finger release your hand gets pulled forwards - made mine with a flat nylon strap & some nylon cord - M

Offline davemmevad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ed Q:

Originally posted by Keith Langford:
Same thing happens to me. I use an arm guard on my drawing arm to keep from bruising or cutting it up. [/b]
+1

Also, because you have to use your back to let the bow down, you spend alot more time under tension from the bow. Great Strengthening tool as well as helping form.

Formaster suggests using your normal target, shooting 30 with out it, then 30 with it, then 30 without I've stuck with this routine once a week and it makes a huge difference for me. I also did a month of it 3x per week, but that was to build strength and jump 6 lbs in draw weight. Boring, but it worked.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©