Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Tab fixed my form...  (Read 548 times)

Offline twistedlim

• Trad Bowhunter
Tab fixed my form...
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
I had been strugling with my shot groupings and loose form.  I could not seem to get a consistant release.  I picked up a supertab and gave it a shot. The tab did not allow me the same security so I concentrated on a good hook, and form.  Voila, the groups got immediatly better.  As a bonus I tried out the glove and the form imp0rovement transfered over to the glove.  Sometimes I guess it helps to change things up a bit  :)

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tab fixed my form...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
The key is that you concentrated on a good hook and form...I shoot both right and left handed with tabs of all sorts and a couple of gloves...I have the hook thing down pretty nicely...where I get sloppy is on form, particularly bow arm form...I hunt whichever way I am shooting most consistently although this year I am going to concentrate on hunting left handed...I once communicated with Dr.Jay Kidwell about such things and he told me he spends about 50 per cent of his shooting time trying new things...since you are in that mode let me give you another thing to try...try shooting two fingers under...one less finger to worry about...I shoot 60 plus pounds both sides that way when I get serious

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline twistedlim

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tab fixed my form...
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
I shoot split now so I am at least good that way.  Thanks!

I concentrated on a good hook because I was afraid of launching the $20 arrow into the boonies with my new tab  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©