3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: More Woodie Questions  (Read 581 times)

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: More Woodie Questions
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
The Tru Center I had would not lock down at all.  The blade screws just would not keep enough tension on the blade. The blade would float and dig in to the shaft.  

In fairness to the Tru Center, I purchased mine around 10 years ago.  I don't know if they've made any changes to it since then, but if not, I wouldn't buy one.

What Bob says above is correct, even with the pencil type.  You can correct it though with experience and some good sandpaper.  Just takes some work.

I use a Woodchuck and would recommend it to anyone.  You can get the same job done with a jig and any belt or disc sander, but I like the all-in-one portability of the Woodchuck.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
Problem is fellas with balancing sports and school I dont realy have time to get a job therefore probably cannot afford one right now. I'm just lookin for a temporary solution that will be user friendly to a beginner.

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
What size pencil sharpener should I get if my arrows are gonna be spined 70-75#,cause it doesnt say what the diameter is for them at three rivers.

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
Here are some ideas if you already have some power tools.

Nock & point taper jig.
  http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000059#000000  

Shaft straightening.
  http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000060#000000  

You don't actually need a heat gun or hair dryer to heat straighten shafts.  I can straighten Hickory by just briskly rubbing the shaft in my hand until it gets warm/hot (doesn't take very long) and then bending with the heel of my hand.  It is very easy to do.  If I can straighten a Hickory shaft that way all the others are a piece of cake.

Dennis

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
Hickory makes as tough a shaft as it does a bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©