Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Shooting form video...  (Read 478 times)

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting form video...
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Hope this works.  Sorry for the poor lighting.  I couldn't get outside this morning because my son was taking a nap.  I will try to get some better footage up soon.

A little background, I gave my compounds away three years ago.  I shot a couple different recurves before buying a longbow last winter.  I shoot it better than I did the recurves.  Inside 20 yards I'm not too bad, but I sometimes lack consistency.  Again, sorry for the poor lighting, I really didn't think I'd get this posting thing figured out.

Please, be critical.

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting form video...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Overall a pretty good shot!  The only thing I can really see here is your bow hand catching the bow as you release.  You start out with your fingers on the back of the grip (in good shape) then as you draw you open the fingers and then have to clutch/grab/catch the bow when you shoot.

Try to leave your fingers down on the back of the bow so you can eliminate the "catch."  That should help a little with your consistence.  It is amazing how that little movement can affect your shot.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting form video...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
Thank you very much Arne.  I took a shot before the one I posted, and the bow about flew out of my hands.  I shoot a lot, and that had never happened before.  I will work on that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©