Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Which video, Masters or Rick Welch??  (Read 1136 times)

Offline quail

• Trad Bowhunter
Which video, Masters or Rick Welch??
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Any reccomendations on which video to purchase? Masters od the Barebow Vol 4 or Accuracy Factor??

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which video, Masters or Rick Welch??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
The Rod Jenkins segment Volume 3 of Masters of the Barebow is by far the most useful tutorial available. Volume 4 has a follow up with Rod and a long range segment that stretches the info from 3.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Rick Welch's and Rod Jenkins's basic stance and alignment are the same, but their shooting styles are very different.  Rod Jenkins's style is more in the mainstream of contemporary archery, while Rick Welch has more of a unique style of his own.  I have been to both of their classes, twice, and feel like I understand each of their styles as much as an old duffer can.

I think you will comprehend Rod's style better from watching MBB 3 than you will Rick's style from watching The Accuracy Factory. I really like Rick's style better, but it took me two classes with him before I really felt like I understood it, and even though I think I understand it now, I'm sure I'll spend the rest of my life trying to master it.  I have the feeling that you really need to attend Rick's class to understand his method, but someone with more natural archery talent than I have might be able to pick up more than I could from his video.

I also believe that people find their own niche where they shoot best.  Some will shoot better using Rod's method, some Rick's, some Fred's, some Terry's, and some using some unique method of their own.  If you study one method and feel like you're not reaching your potential, don't be afraid to try something different.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
I have watched both videos and the rest of the MBB series. I would recommend the MBB vol 3 for sure. Going to Rick Welch's school might be a different story but I don't think you can learn too much from the video.

Offline quail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
I have MBB 3 and have watched it multiple times. Rod does a great job articulating his technique. If anyone has a DVD oh Accuracy Factor for sale used I would take it. I will likely pick up a MBB4 when I go to Black Widow in Aug or Sept.

Offline trip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
I have Accuracy Factory DVD.

Offline quail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
I think I am going to spend my money on the new Target Panic/Shot Control video coming out by Joel Turner. Might be more what I'm looking for.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
Rick Welch volume II changed my shooting a lot. I killed a lot of stuff but had no confidence past 15 yards or so. I was good at getting close is the only reason I killed stuff and had a ton of chances on shots I would not take at 20 yards or so. Now my 30 yard groups beat my old 15 yard groups and the animals are coming by at....35..lol.RC

Offline NEW GUY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
I've seen the first three MBB and Rick's third video.  There is alot of good info on different styles of shooting in the MBB series that is worth a look, but if you are wanting to shoot instinctive Rick's video has really made a difference in my shooting.
"Good Judgement comes from experience, and alot of that comes from Bad Judgement."

Offline toxoh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
Really improved substantially by watching Rick Welch videos.Its what works for the individual.Watched Masters of the Barebow with Rod Jenkins and did nothing for me.We are all different-try and see?

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Agree with McDave 100%  RC, if you become any more deadly on game animals, the DNR will have to rethink things!

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
Rick Welch is the real deal. His individual classes are well worth the money. I agree with Dave that watching his video leaves a lot unlearned.
Spending two or three days with Rick will leave you feeling like you have spent your money wisely.
I look at it this way when it comes to good instruction: You can buy a new bow or invest in your skills. If you invest in your skills, you can shoot almost any bow.
Irv Eichorst

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©