Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: I keep snapping my cheek.  (Read 1512 times)

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I keep snapping my cheek.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by hntngrl:
Haha, is the dark side compound bows? Because I still love my compound for its pinpoint accuracy and power. But I'm also coming to love the longbow for the challenge. A bullseye comes a lot easier with the compound so it's not quite as satisfying as hitting the X with a bare bow.
I have lots of friends that shoot and hunt with compound bows, as do I at times...the fact is it ought not to be an either/or thing...I have been a hunter for nearly 50 years and I hope to hunt for many years to come...traditional bows, and compound bows and even guns are my hunting tools and like any tool they all have a purpose...I have just become infatuated with the simplicity of the stick and string as it appears you have...enjoy the journey

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I keep snapping my cheek.
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
My guess is that you are overdrawing a bit.  From the location of the mark, you are pulling the string too far back and it is riding along your cheek and to the side of your eye.  You may also be laying your head over a little to "snuggle" up to the string and that will make the "scrape" worse.

This is fairly common for C bow shooters initially due to the "slightly" different mechanics of drawing a C bow and where the release hand is located at full draw.

As others have said, we really need to see pictures of you at full draw AND/OR a video would be BEST so we could see your entire shot.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©