Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Theoretical release question ....  (Read 1153 times)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Theoretical release question ....
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Some thing to consider with both styles.  IF you are able to release cleanly with the static hold (Welch) and not pluck the string, fine.  By using the other, it TENDS to get you to use your back muscles and isolate you to using them.  This TENDS to take the drawing arm muscles and response out of the equation, making it less likely (for a loser like me)to enact a plucked release.

Bottom line and most important. .  what ever works best for you is the style and technique you need to use.  Be aware of all the nuances if you are searching for improvement.  Experiment, then fine tune your own style and technique for your body and needs.

shoot straight guys.
ChuckC

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Theoretical release question ....
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Buckeye,
Good advice here and I will say that I've used both dead and dynamice release over the years and would not argue which is better, other than for that individual.  I would just interject that for me, the most important factor is knowing I'm fully in control of the shot sequence.  At times where I've noticed target panic symptoms creeping up, one of the best exercises I could do was execute my draw sequence right up to the point of release and then let down.  Whenever I got that horrendous surprise release that felt literally like an electric shock it was always because I'd become conditioned to let some physical cue, i.e. hitting anchor, sight picture, etc. to trigger the release.  I've occassionaly had to go back I recondition my thought process to regain control of the shot. I decide if and when it happens independent of everything "looking perfect". One style may facilitate this better for you.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©