Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Rhythm of the Shot  (Read 520 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Rhythm of the Shot
« on: August 14, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
One aspect of the shot sequence that I think gets overlooked is Shot Rhythm. While home today getting a new boiler installed I had nothing to do but go shoot out back and watch Masters of the Barebow dvd's and I have to say my two favorites are Dean Torges and Gary Davis, both shoot a very relaxed style and seem to have a developed shot rhythm that I love to watch. I have to say that my sequence has a very staccato rhythm that I think has been working against me. So I worked on a slow swing up, pull to anchor and push to target so that by the time I am solid on anchor I am in a strong shooting position. Really felt good, smooth. I can see where I need to really work on it so it burns in.
I wonder if both shoot this way because both are primary self bow shooters as well ?
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rhythm of the Shot
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
I would say that if that helps you, then by all means continue to do it.  Sometimes it is helpful to learn how great shooters do it, but take what is useful to you and discard what is not.  Masters of the Barebow is a great resource to learn from some great bow shots.

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
I've been paying attention to my rhythm lately also. I find a smoother rhythm helps my shooting.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:37:00 AM »
I think it helps to keep you from collapsing on the shot. If you remain in motion, it's hard to reverse that motion.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©