Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: New shooting problem?  (Read 646 times)

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
New shooting problem?
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
I have been praticing a lot lately and i have noticed something new. When i release an arrow, its lmost like i push my bow hand forward toward the target.I cant tell if im subconciously doing it or if my bow hand has a more relaxed grip than normal and its just from momentum. It has not affected my accuracy at all, if anything its better. I am just worried i may be developing a new form problem.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New shooting problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »
Sounds like you are pushing and pulling at release, which is supposedly a good thing. Just do it every time !
ChuckC

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Doesn't sound like a problem to me.  If you are in good alignment, then the bow should jump straight towards the target and the hand will "kind of" go with it. Try not to make a conscious push at release, it should just happen.

Video always helps if you can.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Well thats good to know. Like i said, it hasnt had any bad effects, its just something i have not noticed before. Due to health problems i am shooting bows that are lower poundage than i used to so that may be why it shows now. I used to shoot 50-55 pounds and now the bow i shoot the most is 40# at my draw length. I can still draw my heavier bows just as easy as i could before but my arms tremble real bad.I know a lot of guys say that they have more trouble with a clean release with low poundage bows but i havnt found that to be a problem for me. From others videos i have watched, most pretty much release as soon as they come to anchor but i dont do that, i hold a good bit before i release, always have.I can tell a big difference between useing a glove and a tab though, i do much better with the tab. I will see if i can use one of my sons video cams and post one.

Offline Jehu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
I am new and was worried about the exact same thing. It actually seems to help (if I don't make an effort to do it) if I just "let it happen", but I am very worried about developing bad habits.
2 Timothy 2:3-4  King James AV1611

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©