Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Bare shaft photos  (Read 796 times)

Offline Bow Bum

• Trad Bowhunter
Bare shaft photos
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »
Here are the results of my bareshaft tuning. Just looking for some feedback.

Done from 15 yards with a Bear K-hunter #45@28" drawn 29" 2018 shafts cut 30" 150gr. up front.

Thanks so much,

Brian

Offline kirkbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bare shaft photos
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:01:00 AM »
i'm new to tuning but it looks grouped pretty well.    :dunno:    

i'd try backing up to 15 or 20 yards and see what you get.    ;)    

it will be more telling that way, cause you have them all in the ring now, right? Well, except that one high wild one.

Just use that nice backstop you have there...

kirk
Thumbring shooter seeking fellow students

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." Henry David Thoreau

Offline kirkbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
oops, i meant 20-25 yards

kirk
Thumbring shooter seeking fellow students

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." Henry David Thoreau

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Try posting this in Pow Wow, you'll get better response as this is the Shooting FORM forum.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Bow Bum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
Thanks,

I did, and now I'm more confused...LOL!

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »
I will say this.....DO NOT bare shaft with a bag target.  Get a block target for that as the shafts don't change position of entry once they enter.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
Sorry but I'm gonna confuse you a little.
First, the tune looks good to me.
Second, opposite of what Green suggested. I ONLY use a bag target as I tune the Byron Ferguson way and he says to use a bag target. A newer one though.  I keep one JUST for bare shafts
To each his own
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Bow Bum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
I just went ahead with what I had. I got pretty similar results in a foam target. Arrows were pretty much good left and right, but I can only get rid of the nock high condition if I lower the nock point to where I start geting fletch contact on the shelf. So I just bumped up the nock until I lost fletch contact. Fletched hit with BH to as far as I can accurately discern (20-25yds), so I'm going to live with it until I can maybe get better at shooting and do some fine tuning.

Fletched, bare, and BH have always hit with each other once I bumped point weight up to dial in spine.

Thanks,

B

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
lower nock more till the shafts fly straight, then raise it back up a 16th then 1/8th trying some shots with broadheads from each--> I'll look for flight problems and if you can't have someone listen for the most sound... 2nd now you tune the fletch,, you want that one fletch that strikes into the riser to slice right through the bottom inside corner of your shelf and that it.

this is fine tuning and once locked in that bow will be perfect,,, when done you can fletch with 3 4" feathers for the flattest shot....  

also when bareshaft tuning try canting your bow at different angles to see how much better or worse the bare shaft will fly,,, i learned I was canting too much..
"Us vs Them"

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
ttt
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©