Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: How does finger pressure affect shot  (Read 584 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
How does finger pressure affect shot
« on: October 05, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Can finger pressure on the string affect high or low. In other words I shoot split if I use more pressure on my bottom finger would the arrow shoot higher.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How does finger pressure affect shot
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Yes, finger pressure can affect the arrow impact,  Higher or lower will depend though.  See my response to Bullfrog in the other thread.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
What I find is that string elbow height affects arrow impact high/low.  A high elbow seems to make my shots go low, and vice versa, so it is important for me to keep a consistent elbow height.  A high or low string elbow may cause you to put different relative pressure on each string finger, which may be more noticeable than your elbow position, since we tend to be more aware of our fingers than our elbows.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline coryd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by McDave:
What I find is that string elbow height affects arrow impact high/low.  A high elbow seems to make my shots go low, and vice versa, so it is important for me to keep a consistent elbow height.  A high or low string elbow may cause you to put different relative pressure on each string finger, which may be more noticeable than your elbow position, since we tend to be more aware of our fingers than our elbows.
I shoot split finger and have recently become aware of this in my own shooting.  It was noticable in the form of finger pressure, but your post about elbow height makes perfect sense.  Light pressure on my lower fingers (caused by dropping my elbow) sends my shots high.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©