Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Clicker?  (Read 664 times)

Offline Doods70

• Trad Bowhunter
Clicker?
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
As traditional shooters, would any of you recommend the use of a clicker?

Been having problems holding and from my Olympic recurve background, the use of a clicker has helped me hold and aim.

Will it be ok to use a riser attached clicker on my traditional bow? Or will it ruin the "traditional" spirit behind it.

Thanks

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clicker?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure a lot of guys use a clicker, and if they don't, use whatever makes you shoot it better.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Trad Whitetail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Clickers are fine.  A lot of us use them.  I can shoot fine without it, but at distance and while practicing a lot it "keeps me honest" on my draw length (I have a tendency to short draw by an inch or two sometimes).  I use the one that mounts to the limb and don't even know its there most of the time.  It also does not interfere when hunting.  One of the things I really like about it is when I am shooting from weird positions it makes me complete my draw.  I don't use on on every bow but if I notice my form going south I make sure to shoot the clicker for a while.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Have used one more on than off in the past 12 years. The only "problem" I have ever heard of is some traditional 3-D shoots have rules against them. I personally have never run into that rule however.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Doods70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
Thank you everyone for your replies.

Just wanting some feedbacks since I am just enjoying traditional / barebow shooting this year. Didn't want to offend the more "traditional" shooters out there. hehe

Anyway, the clicker goes on.

Thank you

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »
I've been using one for over 20 years now. I use the limb mounted ones. Do a search over on the Shooters forum, lots of good advice on them over there.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
Clickers, sights, arrow rests, mechanical releases... everyone of those things existed before compound bows and I would not fault any archer who chooses to utilize them today.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
I used to use one, but kinda got away from it when I got my anchor point all figured out.  I can guarantee you,if it starts to wander again, ill be reattaching the clicker.  they help a lot.
is it September yet??

Offline Doods70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Thanks again everyone. Don't have the limb mounted clickers available in the Philippines. Will either DIY one or make a longer riser clicker.\\

Anyone know how to DIY a limb mounted clicker?

Thank you,
Doods

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©