Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Thanks, Moebow!  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks, Moebow!
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Maybe you remember I had some issues with my form, going back in drawlenght, which translated itself in my arrows hitting not consequent on the same height.
Only looking at the training video from Moebow about the rotational draw, improved my form dramatically!  
Now I take care that I build up back tension by placing my string elbow more backwards and I make a follow trough after the shot.

Here is a good example of my grouping now, after a few times training on it, thanks Moebow! The distance is 27 yards or 25 meters and the size of the paper is appr. 4 by 4 inches.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanks, Moebow!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
That is significantly good shooting at that distance!!  I'm glad you found some "workable" suggestions in the videos.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
Arne,

It is unbelievable how fast I made progress just by watching and studying  your video. I do one thing different, I touch with stretched fingers the back of my head after the shot and follow trough. That feels more natural to me then touching my shoulder. I still go back, but I think that became my style, I overdraw first to a 30 to 30.5 inches and then go back to 29 to my anchor. Strange I do this, but it is consequent all the time. I am still waiting for the video they shot today of me.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
Truth be told, When I did those videos, I too was just learning the "system."  I now too have my hand in the air behind my head/ear and it doesn't drop to the shoulder so much.  Actually, either is OK but the behind the ear is marginally better.

You can see this in the video I did where I am just shooting a target style recurve (no voice or instruction, just shooting.)  

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows

Offline fatzboys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
When ever I start to struggle with my shooting .I watch Moebows videos on youtube. I have watched them so may times I have memorized most of what he saying.When watching them I find something that I never saw before or something I stopped doing. I don't copy everything. I shoot 3 under and my anchor is different but the man has helped me more then anything else.Im glad theres still people in this world who just want to help,and will put the time in for the good of the sport.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Very well said fatzboys.  Arne is truly concerned with teaching proper form and perspective to anyone who seeks his help.  He's tremendously friendly, generous with his time and expertise, and in it for the betterment of each archer.  They don't come much better in our sport.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Green:
Very well said fatzboys.  Arne is truly concerned with teaching proper form and perspective to anyone who seeks his help.  He's tremendously friendly, generous with his time and expertise, and in it for the betterment of each archer.  They don't come much better in our sport.
Couldn't agree more, thank you Arne.
And getting back to the original post...
That's some seriously good shooting!
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »
Thanks all for the replies. And yes, Arne is a good man!
As for the shooting,I always hope to get three arrows in the paper. I always shoot in a set of three arrows.  Two happens on a regular base, but when I have shoot two in and get ready for the third, I get nerveus  :)  So I miss the third most of the times. I only had it once that all three arrows went right in the paper. Man, I was happy....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline fmscan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
I often wonder how many people have been helped by Arne, we are lucky to have him.

Offline ghoster808

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »
If it wasn't for Arne I'd still be a half drawing, snap shooting, praying, frustrated, ready to take up golf stick bower lol!!
"Till The Wheels Fall Off"

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by fmscan:
I often wonder how many people have been helped by Arne, we are lucky to have him.
I have definitely been helped by Arne's videos.  Solid and straight to the point.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »
Arne's videos are my go to when I start wandering a bit in my form. A big THANKS to Arne for sharing his knowledge!!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Paul_R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
This forum has a lot of good people who really go out of their way to help others and Arne is at the top of the heap. Probably the most useful archery information I've ever gleaned online I've gotten from Arne's videos. It really is all about the basics, thanks for reminding us Arne!    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
I think I'm starting to blush a little here folks.     :)

I'm VERY glad that many of you feel the videos have helped you -- that was their only intent.  BUT,  BE vewy vewy careful... this may lead to more videos and then you'll just have more work to do.    :readit:    :jumper:  

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 01:59:00 AM »
Just let um come!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline fatzboys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 04:32:00 AM »
That's what I like To here Arne .Video is a tool that can help people see what they do compared to what your doing.The work to get there is what I enjoy.Those days you have when you cant miss come from lots of days practicing the correct way. I think a lot of us think there doing one thing but when they see there self on film they see something else. You should feel good,there,s a lot of great shots out there . But not very many that can teach or take the time too. Its got to feel good,Sir. I know it would make me feel good.Love to see what your working on. Moevideo

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
I watch and re-watch your videos also. They get me back on track every time. Thanks for the mentoring that you do.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
I think I've said this before, but it deserves repeating. I've been shooting bows for over 30 years, and my shooting has improved and I've learned more in the past year from Arne and Jimmy Blackmon's posts and videos than all those previous years put together. Well done, and a big thanks to Trad Gang.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
Arne, any of your advise is more then welcome!  :thumbsup:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline RecurveRookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
Nice shooting Dutchman!  I usually choke on the last arrow of my group as well.  Coach Arne has also helped me a lot with my form.  Best wishes to you both!
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#,  I'm learning.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©