Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Thanks, Moebow!  (Read 1908 times)

Offline TomatoLane

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thanks, Moebow!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by moebow:
Truth be told, When I did those videos, I too was just learning the "system."  I now too have my hand in the air behind my head/ear and it doesn't drop to the shoulder so much.  Actually, either is OK but the behind the ear is marginally better.

You can see this in the video I did where I am just shooting a target style recurve (no voice or instruction, just shooting.)    

You have great form, loved your video.

It made me watch a few of yours.

Bow/Salute

Arne

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
I gotta say , every issue I have come across I get the answer from either Arne's videos or from his posts.
I don't always get it the first time , but once I figure it out it is a "oh now I see" moment. Thanks Arne !!!!
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline TomatoLane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by TomatoLane:

Originally posted by moebow:
Truth be told, When I did those videos, I too was just learning the "system."  I now too have my hand in the air behind my head/ear and it doesn't drop to the shoulder so much.  Actually, either is OK but the behind the ear is marginally better.

You can see this in the video I did where I am just shooting a target style recurve (no voice or instruction, just shooting.)      

You have great form, loved your video.

It made me watch a few of yours.

Bow/Salute

Arne
[/b]
Was watching a bunch of videos, of some great shooters, from (grey archer,Jeff kavanagh, Wolfie,billingsgate,ect,ect.)

They all shoot great but out of all of them I have to say that, YOU TheMoebow1, have absolutely the most natural release of them all.

Your follow through is picture perfect.

You truly just relax your fingers,and your back tension,truly pulls your hand back to your second anchor point.

Everyone else seems to be  forceing follow through,
like they, are thinking about it, and not just letting it happen, like a perfect release aid, release.

TheMoebow1... Do you even feel your release? And can you some how try to describe what you feel?

I close my eyes, and that helps a ton, but I cant seem, to not be conscious, of  my release.

I am used to release aids(cough, converted wheelie guy)So my grip used to be inverted .

Now I use 3 under, and no matter what i try I cant get that,startle you release, like with an aid.

So can you try to describe what you feel?

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »
TL,

That's a tough one -- describing it I mean.  It is part of a complete package that starts (for me) at the beginning of the draw sequence.

I use the rotational draw to build the proper back tension right from the start of the draw.  BT keeps building until I have ABOUT 80 to 90 % of the bow weight supported in the back (string side of the back NOT bow side).  Here I will mention again that back tension is not trying to flex a muscle or muscle group -- it IS moving a bone or a couple bones -- scapula and humerus. If you "move bones" you will have good muscle use.

Once I have my facial references and holding position, I ONLY think about increasing the back motion of the string shoulder (this is VERY small movement MORE FELT than seen) and as I do that, tension in the arm moves more to the back to a point where the flexor muscles in the string forearm aren't holding the hook anymore and then the string is gone.  That feel is kind of like water draining from my front side to the back.

The follow through is simply a result of the continuing shoulder movement (press) and once the string is gone, it is just like my hand was in a tug of war and the other guy let go of the rope.

That's the long way around the barn to describe the "feel" in my hand.  Try this, hold your string hand out completely relaxed.  Your string fingers will have a natural curl to them if completely relaxed.  Now take your other hand and sharply slap your relaxed string fingers.  Do you feel the "thud" or "thump" like feeling in your hand? And after the slap, your fingers are still relaxed and curled. That is the "feel" in my hand at release.

I have found that for me, it is NEVER a "shoot now" thought, it IS a "keep pressing the string shoulder back and feel the the tension flow from the arm to the back.  At some point "boom" the string is gone and I find my hand behind my ear.  Does that sound familiar?  If you use back tension to activate a mechanical release with a C bow, it is very similar.

I've said many times that this "relaxed hand" release was the hardest part of learning the NTS for me!!!  It took a lot of work but the results were well worth it!

Best I can do in writing.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline TomatoLane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Yes sir, everything I do looks a lot like you, the only thing is i am 3 under, but my follow through, ect.ect. mirrors you.               (well I try to mirror you hehe)

I just dont think I am relaxing my hand like I should be.

Thanks so much for trying to describe the feeling you get with a perfect release.
I knew it was going to be hard to do, BUT, I figured if anyone had a shot at describing it, You for sure would be the one.

And you did not disappoint.

Bow/salute

Out to shoot and practice.

Thanks so much again

Offline mightyox

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »
I watched his rotational draw video about 5 times yesterday and wanted to practice today. i didn't get the chance so tomorrow i hope isn't as busy. kids work and school are eating my time up. Thanks moebow for the link and ill let you know how it goes.
Hard work and dedication won't bring you nothing but an early grave, unless you're smart about it. -  Jim Bridger

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©