Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Tab Little Finger Hook  (Read 700 times)

Offline roncc

• Trad Bowhunter
Tab Little Finger Hook
« on: September 29, 2015, 02:17:00 PM »
I notice the higher priced tabs all include a little finger hook.  But, when I look at the top FITA archers shooting, of what I can see... none of them use it on their tabs.  I would assume some archers must be using it otherwise the tab makers wouldn't be including it?   .... so, my question is:  who uses the little finger hook and how does it help them?   All I've read about using it... is not too.

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tab Little Finger Hook
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »
Ron,

You aren't getting many answers here so I'll take a shot at it.

I believe that the little finger trigger is "counter effective".  By that I mean that many times things are included that may or may not be of use.  Someone, somewhere thought it would be a good idea and maybe somewhere it works for someone.

I feel that if you use that, the tendency would be to apply pressure on the "trigger" which will lead to tension in the hand that we try hard to reduce.  If you have as relaxed a hand as possible, then using the little finger to "grip" that thing will only put more tension in the hand.  And MAY very well tend to apply a downward/foreward rotation to the release.

The NTS likes to have that finger and the thumb hanging essentially relaxed.

It is a little like the plate found on some metal based tabs that SOME think is a thumb rest.  It is not.  It is for placing under the jaw for the low target style anchor.  If you use side of face for an anchor, that gets removed too.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline roncc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tab Little Finger Hook
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Arne:  I was thinking maybe I was missing something about the little finger hook... apparently not.   Thanks for taking the time to answer.  Ron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©