Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: pics of my form/ shot sequence (videos added)  (Read 962 times)

Offline Possumjon

• Trad Bowhunter
pics of my form/ shot sequence (videos added)
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
Drawing

Almost there

Anchor

Two different shots, my release/bow hand

I feel I shoot very well and usually place well in competitions, but always open to suggestions on what I could be doing different or trying. never had anyone really watch me to give me pointers so I'm curious as to what you guys think.
Thanks a bunch, jon

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: pics of my form/ shot sequence (videos added)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 10:21:00 PM »
Possumjon,

I find it very hard to tell from these still photos.  A video with the entire shot sequence would be better.  You have a VERY high anchor, you look like you've pulled your head back at full draw and look "scruntched up".  Your bow has rolled top limb forward in the release shot, indicating a poor bow hand grip, but again, really need to see the motion not just "moments in time."  Your stance and posture are questionable but still again, how does all that fit with the MOTION??

If you feel you shoot well and are happy with your shooting -- don't change.  But the fact that you asked, implies that you have concerns.  Post a couple of videos, and we can try to help.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Possumjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
Thanks arne. You're the one who I was hoping would see this. Where do you think I should I anchor? Currently I use my middle finger in the corner of my mouth. Normally I'm very happy with my shooting but sometimes it doesn't feel natural/comfortable. I'd say 9 out of 10 shots are very good but I'd like to eliminate those fliers as much as possible. I'll try and get a video but I've never posted one. If I can't figure it out could I send it to you some other way?

Offline Possumjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »

Not sure if these will work arne but thanks in advance

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »
OK Jon, I got it.  It is small on my 4K screen but here is what I see and my 2 first suggestions for you.

First, let the bow bend your bow hand wrist.  Think how your wrist would be if you were doing push ups.  Press the radius bone in your forearm into the bow grip so the pad of the thumb feels "squished" between the radius bone and the bow.  You are holding a straight wrist and that causes the bow to roll forward at release.

Second, you have NO anchor at all.  Your release is a good 1 to 2 inches in front of your face.  You say you are using middle finger to corner of the mouth.  You MAY be passing there but in no way are you anchoring there.  Look at your video closely and you will see this.

Pull that string hand back to your face THEN stop and set your anchor references, THEN shoot!!

Have you looked at my videos on YouTube?
  https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMoebow1/videos  

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Possumjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the tips arne. I thought I beat the short draw as I used to be bad about it but can see its still there. I'll try and work on your suggestions and maybe in a few months post another video, hopefully with said improvements

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©