Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Clarification  (Read 805 times)

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Clarification
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »
Can anyone provide a good reason that I shouldn't refer to my shooting method as Habitual shooting?  I burn a spot in the spot I would like to hit, like an "instictive" archer.  I predetermine the area I would like my arrow tip to be at when I shoot, like a split-vision archer. I shoot very quickly, snap-shooting if you will.  If someone timed my shooting, I feel that each shot would be within 1/10th of a second from the last, weather I like it or not.  I tend to shoot well if I embrace this quickness and struggle if I try to fight it.  I'm not looking for tips on how to fix what I may be doing wrong or not, but rather to find out if I've coined a new term as I've never heard of a "habitual shooter" as a style before.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clarification
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 08:04:00 AM »
I see no reason why you couldn't. You're free to call it anything you'd like as far as I'm concerned. If that's how you shoot most accurately, then do it. I mess around with different techniques all the time, trying to discover what works best for me. Fiddling around with a fixed crawl at present and so far like it. Will I stay with it? Maybe yes, maybe no. It's what I like about trad shooting. So many different things to experiment with. Never gets dull.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »
Sure but I don't think the term will catch on  :)
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
No big deal if it doesn't, but you never know. All the other terms had an origin at some point.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©