Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Cold weather anchor points  (Read 785 times)

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
Cold weather anchor points
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:45:00 PM »
Been off awhile due to a shoulder injury and amped up kids travel sports anyhow just getting back into it and going to re-learn with better form.  Anyhow I had some success with 3 under, nose to feather, index finger to canine tooth and thumb knuckle in ear.  Shoot great 9 months of the year but November and December would have a tough decision have my face freeze and face paint or have anchor point issues with a facemask on.  Anyone have any facemask friendly 2 to 3 anchor points?
Thanks, for any help.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Online TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cold weather anchor points
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
Part of consistent form is to do things the same way on every shot, including anchor point.  You might want to pick an anchor that works and is repeatable regardless of the weather.  Only you can decide what the best anchor is for you.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
Don't have a good answer for you as I cannot wear a facemask as it throws off my anchor/shooting too much. When it's cold here I'm also wearing A LOT more layers, I'm stiff and/or shivering therefore I kinda accept that my effective range is gonna shrink.
I'd keep the same anchor that works for you the other nine months of the year and let that muscle memory carry you through the cold weather.
Game plan for the majority.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline stonewall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
I usually just keep my drawing hand in my coat pocket with a tab on it when hunting in cold climates. But don't have to worry about it here in Carolina

Offline stonewall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »
Sorry thought you were talking bout your hand, just roll your mask up before you shoot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©