Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Form video  (Read 927 times)

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
Form video
« on: March 27, 2016, 11:35:00 PM »
Hey all,  have a look. Pretty sure I need some advice. Shot for a few hours yesterday and my upper lip was swollen huge!  This video is about a month old or so. Try to get my release less "plucky" and trying to settle on a consistent anchor. In the video,  I was going middle finger tip to upper jaw canine tooth. Now I'm going with index to the tooth,  I feel like it gets the arrow lined up under my eye better. I gap shoot,  kinda.  Use arrow in peripheral for L/R and elevation is instinctive,  focus on the spot.
http://s651.photobucket.com/user/cap4382/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151031_161943_zpsuvqvjn8c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/cap4382/Mobile%20Uploads/20151031_161943_zpsuvqvjn8c.jpg~original" border="0" alt=" photo 20151031_161943_zpsuvqvjn8c.jpg"/>

Currently shooting a Bear Grizzly,  55 @ 28, draw to 29, 3 under.   Any and all advice is appreciated and can do nothing but help. Thanks
60% of the time,  it works every time

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Form video
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »
Chris,

No response -- can't get the video up, Private? and Pop ups that interfere.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »

This video was from a few weeks ago.

Hopefully this one works. Still trying to figure out photobucket.  
Took this clip this afternoon. Trying to get some "pluck"out of my release

Offline trasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
b.t.w. this link:  http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/cap4382/Mobile%20Uploads/20151031_161943_zpsuvqvjn8c.jpg~original  is not a video it is an .jpg this is an photoimage!
Trying to get the bow a part of me!

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »
Chris,

It is a little hard to tell for sure in these videos so this is kind of a guess based on an overall shot impression.

It APPEARS that you have the entire draw done with the drawing arm with little to no back involvement.  As you draw, the string side shoulder has little to no movement toward your back (away from the camera) and your string elbow appears to move straight back (away from the target).

You might try this as you draw.  After lifting the bow (set up/pre-draw) think of moving your string elbow around your spine and not straight back inline with the arrow.

If you can get a fair(if not all) amount of tension out of your arm (especially) the forearm and wrist, you will be forced into using more back muscle.  This will (or can) go a long way to reducing or eliminating the hand flip that you have now.  Relax the arm and move the elbow around the spine.

Your string side follow through is, right now, an after thought.  Something you are DOING not something that HAPPENS.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 07:07:00 PM »
Arne,  I will make sure to focus on relaxing my string hand/forearm next time I get to shoot.

Here's another angle I got trying to film myself the other day,  I feel like I'm rotating my shoulders around,  but you would know better than me.
Besides my string hand,  how does the bow arm appear?  I'll try and get some overhead video and some from behind. Thanks for any and all advise!

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
Chris,

That's looking MUCH better!!  Good bow arm and string hand reaction.  Now keep that up and make it natural and automatic!

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©