Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Need help , string walk  (Read 684 times)

Offline Hickrylb

• Trad Bowhunter
Need help , string walk
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
After watching the Push ,, got me several rounds of shooting in and accurate ,, but when they say find yur 25 yard point to set your first nearest knock ,under your arrow knock point how do I find the place where my 1st initial starting knock goes , I shot Willy knilly just by anchoring 1 inch below knocked arrow ,I want to find a more definitive spot for the placement of the 25 yrd knock.
I like building HICKORY selfbows,#45lb Kodiak hunter,50#lb Bear Byron Ferguson Royal Safari,Indian Archery 35#lb recurve,Petry snake backed selfbow

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help , string walk
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
Hickry,

I may be able to help here. Below is an easy way to do it assuming you're not shooting with a tab. (no stitches to count to know exactly where you shot it from down the string)

Step 1: Determine what point on distance you want. (for this example, lets assume 25 yards)

Step 2: Apply your brass fixed crawl nock on the string roughly 1 inch below your arrow nocking point.

Step 3: Stand at 25 yards (or whatever point distance you decided on in Step 1)

Step 4: Address the string at the brass nock down the string, Draw back, stick the tip of the arrow on the target where you want it to impact, and shoot the shot.

Step 5: If your arrow impacts where you're aiming, then you're done. Then move on to mapping your gaps as seen in the film. If you hit High or Low, move on to Step 6.

Step 6:

Arrow impacted high: Loosen the brass nock, and move it a touch more down the string. Then Start again at Step 3.

Arrow impacted low: Loosen the brass nock, and move it a touch up the string toward the arrow. Then start again at Step 3.

It is a little bit of an iterative process, but you should be dialed in within 2 or 3 moves of the brass fixed crawl nock point on the string.

PM me if you have any further questions as you continue to try and find your fixed crawl position.

Thanks!
Matt

Offline Hickrylb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
Matt ,thank you I watched the film but somehow I missed that crucial step ,I'm on track now thanks Much for very informative explanation ,I'll get back at it soon as my next shooting session.
I like building HICKORY selfbows,#45lb Kodiak hunter,50#lb Bear Byron Ferguson Royal Safari,Indian Archery 35#lb recurve,Petry snake backed selfbow

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 06:49:00 AM »
Go to you tube and put in "Jimmy Blackmon fixed crawl". It will explain this in great detail

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
The brass nocking points seem to damage my tab and even my face at times. I use a piece of duct tape ripped to aprox. 1/8 wide and wrapped around the string, to find the nocking points on all bows.  It can be moved pretty easy.  Then I tie on nocking points. Just another way to consider.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©