Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: causes of shooting right  (Read 724 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
causes of shooting right
« on: June 11, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
What are the causes of shooting right at long distances as a right handed shooter as far as form error?
aim small miss small

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: causes of shooting right
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
Occasional right misses are often caused by plucks.

Consistent right misses for a r/h shooter due to form errors aren't as common as left misses.  There must be 40 ways to miss left!

I would first look at arrow spine, and next look at centershot.  If a bow is cut 3/16 past center, and you are using really skinny arrows, you may need to build out the strike plate so the arrow tip is slightly outside the center line of the bow to get good arrow flight.  If arrow spine and centershot are okay, you can move the POI a few inches to the left by using a stiffer strike plate material.  In other words, use a plain leather strike plate instead of Velcro or rug.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »
i think i figured it out, it seems i wasent raising my bow arm straight in line with the target, i was diagonally raising it up pushing it out right of target. does this make sense?
thanks
kyle
aim small miss small

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »
For me, it's usually me pulling through the shot with arm pressure versus back tension and i basically pull the bow around
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
I don't really understand your explanation.  A video is worth a thousand words, so why don't you make a video of yourself shooting, and post it on the shooting forum?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©