3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: When a doe gets hot, so does the hunting  (Read 548 times)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
When a doe gets hot, so does the hunting
« on: November 24, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »
the bucks come out of the wood work. On this mornings hunt all I saw was a button buck. Came in for some tea toast & eggs and then went back out and hunted until 2:30. Saw a doe, an average 100" 8 pointer and a 135ish 10 pointer. Came in for some hot tea and turkey leftovers. Went back out at 4 and coulda shot a spike and a spindly racked 7 pointer. About 4:45 a doe passed by on a trail about 60 yards below me and following her over the next 15 minutes were 3 bucks looked to be 1 1/2 year old 8 pointers in the 90-115 inch range.(probably one of them was the buck from this afternoon) What a day!
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: When a doe gets hot, so does the hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Lucky you!
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
And from the ground....

I can't see one from a whirly bird!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Joe I was in a tree. Almost all the cover is gone now. Makes ground hunting tuff, like it isn't tuff enough already.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
I want to be you Mickey.....you saw as many deer today as I have seen ALL SEASON!!!!!  Sounds like it made for an interesting day......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Good day Mickey, gettin chillie yet?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
David it's been a good year for seeing deer out back. I love days like this. This is the second time a hot doe had bucks running all over the place.The last one was on the 17th. This buck ran through the grassy part of my back yard in broad daylight and didn't even look up when I opened the back door stepped outside and snapped his pic.

Dano you bet. Woke up to about 32 this morning (hence the 9 am tea break) ha ha. It's 31 right now and going down to 29 tonight. Bet you miss that don't you?

Son Brian is coming over in the morning to hunt with me, maybe one of us will get lucky.

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Sounds like a great day, Mickey.  Good luck in the morning.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
Good for you Mickey, as I've said before, I love your backyard!   Good luck to you and Brian in the morning,  I'll be out for a few hours here in the morning, it is supposed to be in the low 20's........then tomorrow night my wife and I are off to Foxboro to watch the Patriots do their thing to Philly.......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Thanks Clint.

Geez David, I feel sorry for you cause you have no deer but then again you have the Pats. We may have plenty of deer but then again we also have the Bengals.

So which is better? LOL

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
I think you know the answer to that one my friend, I'd  trade the Pats for your deer anyday!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
Don't let Jawge read you said that   :biglaugh:

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Mickey, I had to put long pants on yesterday  :rolleyes:  , it's getting down to the 60's during the day here  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
:eek:  Holy Crap Dano, bet that's hard to take. I'd be a motorcycling fool if I lived in that kinda weather.

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
You know it buddy, I had to wear long pants today  "[dntthnk]"    :D

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »
Ferret sounds like you are having fun. I all ways wear long pants cause my legs aint purty. But sure could handle that weather Dano.
High on Archery.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
Mickey You had a great day for sure.You saw more deer in one day then I saw all season. BUT I got awful hungry reading that post!Were the eggs poached? I'm switching to drinking tea that has to be the secret.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
"...had to wear long pants" lol.  Yesterday evening warmed up enough that I decided to wear just polypro longjohns and my outer layer (as opposed to the the johns, sweat pants and outer layer I have been wearing).

Nevada sounds neato.  :-D

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
2 different spike bucks, the seven pointer and 3 does this morning. In for tea (yep that's the secret bentpole..that and buying land with deer on it ha ha)

Nope the eggs were scrambled yesterday, but poached sounds good. I need to do some poached eggs.Not sure I remember how to make them. I have an egg poacher but haven't used it in years.

Geesh I'm wearing my ulfrotte wool undies and wool smartsox, some flannel lined cargo pants, a wool sweater, and a plaid flannel overshirt, headnet and wool watch cap with a handwarmer in my pocket and I STILL get cold.  :(

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
I do miss those CRISP mornings in the woods, now it's watchin the sun come up over the lake with 33 deg weather, but man the fish were bitin, and it was a good morning.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©