Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Form Comparrison.. tab vs glove(slo-mo-video)  (Read 1123 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Form Comparrison.. tab vs glove(slo-mo-video)
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:21:00 PM »
I would like to challenge your skills at telling me the difference between these two..

***hint***there is something different happening in the video with the tab, and I have no idea why..

Glove Video:

Tab Video:

I want you to be as critical as you can on this video.  I will post the difference if no one can find it after a few people have bitten.  ;)
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Form Comparrison.. tab vs glove(slo-mo-video)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:33:00 PM »
no one?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline trasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
Looking for a quarter of an hour,.. cant see a big difference, sorry!
But one thing is extremly different... you're shooting another arrow with the tab.
But I think that's not what you wanna hear    ;)
Trying to get the bow a part of me!

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
Daniel,
Not a big fan of "I got a secret" type posts.  What I see though is that in both shots, your string hand rotates off the string in a counterclockwise manner and the hand pops out from the face.  This indicates a "shoot now" approach to the release and too much arm and not enough back at full draw.
Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »
I'm not the best at analyzing other people's videos, but it looks like something is going on with your ring finger when you're shooting with a glove.  Is it even on the string?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »
If you look with the tab, you can see that the string pops my face.  I have no idea why, everything, in my opinion, is the same, but for some reason I get popped every time while wearing a tab.

Arne,

I have been struggling with that and I believe that is what ultimately made me have to swap from split to 3u.  On release, I would rotate off the string and then get very back pain on the inside of my index finger.

Do you know any remedies to fix this?

Offline moebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
Difficult to really tell from this video, in person would be better but here are some thoughts for consideration.

The string MAY be hitting your face with the tab due to a little cleaner release that imparts a little more lateral movement to the string.  With that rotating hand, the tab will allow more sideways movement than the glove will and hence the "hit."

As far as the hand rotating, the only way I know is to retrain yourself to relax the fingers and to NOT try to cause the release.  Just slowly relax the fingers until the string goes.  It would appear that you have built up a strong habit of that rotation and it may be pretty hard to retrain yourself.

I'd suggest shooting blank bale, at very close range and REALLY concentrating on letting the string do the work, not you.  Come to full draw and just relax until the string pushes the fingers out of the way.  The release is passive and NOT something you do on purpose, just let it happen.  Or as others have said, you don't release, you just quit holding it.

Arne
11 H Hill bows
3 David Miller bows
4 James Berry bows
USA Archery, Level 4 NTS Coach

Are you willing to give up what you are; to become what you could be?

Offline Draven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
I checked the vids, and in my opinion your fingers when you shoot tab are "curlier" than when you shoot glove the moment you release.I don't see if it is a full tab for 3 under or a tab for split but the pressure on your fingers is different than the glove and the string slips easier from them. Since the fingers are still curled it gives the string a different trajectory at the moment of release and following the curled fingers it slaps your face before returning to the main direction. Hold the hand in front of you - like you just let go an imaginary string - fingers open but relaxed. Fingers might be 'curled' a bit, natural relaxation is not a straight line - but are not as curled as I see in your vids. I would try to get the same feeling in the hand when releasing - trying to get that relaxation you experienced without string when the arrow flies.
I might be wrong too, but this is what I've seen.
PS I think the backhand is not parallel with your face and this might help the string to slap your face while using tab too. The string has to pass above the curled index which is closer to the face than the ring finger.
When you shoot glove is not that obvious since your fingers are slightly better uncurled than when you shoot the tab, allowing the string to pass without hitting your face. That throw-away hand when you release I think is natural since the hand is not on a parallel plan with the face. The curled index is dictating the entire hand trajectory. 'Bad habits' are developed because the body tries ALWAYS to find the equilibrium between action and reaction. That "I've been doing this all my life' is the natural response because for anyone it feels natural. The devil is in details. Learning to relax the fingers and the mechanic of relaxation for arrow hand is same for all, the following movements after that are individualized -and are the result of that relaxation.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 10:33:00 PM »
Draven,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply as such length.  May I ask how you suggest fixing the problem?

Offline Draven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
What was said above by moebow. Train yourself to relax your string hand at full draw.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©