Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: A revelation  (Read 802 times)

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
A revelation
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
I don't post much here but I wanted to post this.
I had been shooting great all summer until about two weeks ago. I started pushing arrows left and right. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out. Frustration really started to set in.
One night after another frustrating session, I stood in front of the mirror, as a lot of you suggest, and I acted as if I were drawing a bow. To my surprise, my draw arm alignment was way off. I wasn't expanding my chest which was causing me to shoot in a collapsed manner.
I went out the next day and concentrated on my chest expansion and I've been shooting great ever since.
I want to extend a thank you to all of you who post great shooting form threads on here. They pointed me in the proper direction and kept me from having a complete meltdown right before the season.
Thanks again

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A revelation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »
Don't feel bad, I discovered the same thing. That expansion is really important, part of the "bone-on-bone" that Arne teaches. He calls it "opening the bow". When you draw in the way that you get that "half of your draw for free", it really helps to get that chest expansion. Please watch his videos (Arne Moe) if you haven't already, they really help.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Woodeye

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A revelation
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
To help me with my chest expansion I inhale dud get the draw trying to time full draw/anchor with full expanded lungs/chest. Helps me keep it consistent.  Hold breath until release.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©