Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Form Changing  (Read 697 times)

Online CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Form Changing
« on: August 22, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
I guess my form has changed without me even realizing it. I'm still happy with my shooting and it's coming along well. I finally got really comfortable and consistent with my anchor and that's made a world of difference. Yesterday while shooting my wife asked why I was turning my bow. At first I didn't understand what she was talking about, but I was canting. I don't know how long I've been doing it, and didn't even realize it until she pointed it out. Not a lot, but maybe to the 11 o'clock position (I'm a lefty). I know several months ago I didn't cant by bow at all but it's noticeable now that it's been pointed out to me. Is that maybe some sort of natural progression or adaptation I guess? I notice a lot of other people cant their bows so I guess it's ok.... It seems like I've been shooting better lately so I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Form Changing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
For me, canting just gives me a better sight picture. The purists will snicker but if it works for you, go for it. No one shoots exactly the same as someone else.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©