Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: most important part of the shot?  (Read 756 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
most important part of the shot?
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
Have not got to shoot much this summer up until the past couple of weeks. My shooting was fair, but not where I wanted it to be. Last week I got to remove the back brace and that helped a bit, but still I wasn't quite on.
This past weekend I decided to break down the mechanics of my shot sequence. Anchor was consistent, bow arm was solid. What the heck?
It was the most basic and in my opinion, important part of the shot...concentration!
Between the therapy for my back and knees, multiple chiropractic and doctor appointments, being forced into retirement, no pension payment yet, meeting with Social Security, I wasn't able to concentrate!
I found that if I keep my focus glued to the  spot I want to hit, everything else just falls into place. Shooting yesterday and today was pure enjoyment! I've been doing this for 30 years and this is the first time my mind has been so cluttered that it caused issues with my shooting.
Deer season is right around the corner and I will be ready!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: most important part of the shot?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »
A relaxed shot is also important. Stress can really mess with your mind. Glad you worked it out.

Good luck during season.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: most important part of the shot?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »
Since you have had an injury, back tension will also be an issue until your conditioning gets back to normal. In dealing with stress, don't expect everything to fall back into place all at once. If, when you shoot each day, if you do better with one single aspect of your game, you are showing steady improvement. Just take the time to let it all happen.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©