Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Acuracy gauge  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Acuracy gauge
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
There are some great shots giving advise here, I'm not one of them, lol.

What I can offer is, don't gauge yourself against what the best of the best can do with their bow. If one is honest with themselves accuracy may be measured on paper in a backyard, archery shop or 3D range.

Just compete against yourself and try to better yourself. Go shoot some 3D, the shoots are just fun and you can meet the nicest people. Try to shoot with shooters that are better than you. Believe it or not they will be very proud of you as your scores increase.

I know I'm long winded but lastly, practice with a purpose. Every practice session does not have to be a test. Still have fun practicing but work on a particular piece of your form. Good luck my friend with the never ending puzzle  :)

:archer2:

Offline KeganM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by forestdweller:
I try to avoid shooting paper since for me, like shooting pie plates, it's difficult to find a specific spot to focus on shooting instinctive.  
As Jim mentioned, the NFAA blue face is easy on the eyes. Much easier to focus/pick a spot than on the multi-colored FITA face, especially when shooting instinctively.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 02:28:00 PM »
I have several deer targets in good condition at all times. I take them to the woods and take as many different shots in a circuit that I can think of, depending how good my landing gear is working for me on any particular day.  As a 50 percent of the time a still hunter, I want to know what I can do in real shooting position situations.  I do not get to shoot a deer with target form and at target rhythms, the real hunting situation timing is much more difficult than shooting a paper target with an ideal set up. Of course, much target work precedes the woods broadhead practice at foam deer targets.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©