Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: locking elbow  (Read 858 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
locking elbow
« on: February 04, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
after i shoo for a bit i have the tendancy to lock my elbow all the way out and causes bad shots, how can i correct this and prevent it?
aim small miss small

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: locking elbow
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »
When you shoot so much that your form begins to break down, you should stop for that session and shoot again later on after you have rested.  You are evidently aware of when you begin to lock out your elbow, and you are evidently able to keep it unlocked earlier in your shooting session.  Both of these are good things.  Shooting with bad form is worse practice than not shooting at all, as you just reinforce bad habits.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
thanks dave also when i use the deep hook theres tension in my knuckles from getting them hooking back, i cant do the deep hook without tension in them
aim small miss small

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:57:00 AM »
I have the same problem.  I can't hook past a certain point without the knuckles on the back of my hand starting to tense up.  I thought it was just because I'm getting old, and maybe my finger joints just  won't bend that far anymore, but I don't have anything to compare it with, as I can't remember trying to bend my finger joints when I was younger.  So I just bend them as far as I can and still keep the back of my hand relaxed.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©